Banksy's latest work taken by club.

He's brilliant. Looking into a bit more, the club are asking for voluntary donations when people come in to look at it, to keep this youth(?) club open, which has been open for donkey's years. Coincidence?

He's brilliant. Looking into a bit more, the club are asking for voluntary donations when people come in to look at it, to keep this youth(?) club open, which has been open for donkey's years. Coincidence?

Difficult to say tin. In the TV interview I just watched, the club's representative said that this was not on their wall. And the interview says they want to sell it.

Assuming that the dialogue was true, and this club helps lots of young people, but needs a lot of money, then on the ethics side, there isn't much of an argument, IMO.

However, (I've lent my law book out:hihi:), I'm pretty sure that this is theft.

When something crosses law/ethics, then it perhaps is worth some debate, or clarity. Either of which I like, hence starting the thread.

-

If, and I say IF this is theft, then my mind swings in favour of this not being right. I hate not knowing things, I shouldn't lend my books out :hihi:

Just for the facts (as far as I know so far), this was a piece of wood, bolted to a door on a wall in the street.

Edited by *_ash_*

Theft from who? Graffiti doesn't belong to anyone.

You're failing to see the irony here.

Some rich idiot will buy that piece of crap for a fair few bob. Now that's what i call theft.

Theft from who? Graffiti doesn't belong to anyone.

Except maybe the person who owns the wall its sprayed on.

Their property. Their wall. They can do what they like with it. Artist who created it has no say in the matter.

Except it wasn't on a wall, it was on a piece of plywood screwed onto a doorway. Fair game for anyone I'd say.

Except it wasn't on a wall, it was on a piece of plywood screwed onto a doorway. Fair game for anyone I'd say.

Guess the walls owner bought that ply.

Or Mr Banksy already had it painted and screwed it onto the wall.

Why does anyone care?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-gloucestershire-27033079

Should they be able to keep it and sell it?

Is it theft? I'm not sure.

p.s, what do you think of the picture? I think it's brilliant.

Its theft. If the picture had been for them then it should have been done on their property.

If they hadn't taken it, some scally would have.

At least, this way, it can be enjoyed by the public for a bit longer.

If they hadn't taken it, some scally would have.

At least, this way, it can be enjoyed by the public for a bit longer.

Thats hardly a good reason fore theft. And then they have the cheek to try and make money from it? Seriously, thats effed up.