Prostitutes And Drug Dealers 'Add £10 Billion To UK National Wealth'

Prostitutes And Drug Dealers 'Add £10 Billion To UK National Wealth'

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/04/08/uk-public-debt-ons-george-osborne_n_5109645.html?utm_hp_ref=tw

If this is the case then we would soon be out of debt if everyone turned to drugs and prostitution. :roll:

These are the kind of figures that always leave me thinking that economic growth isn't the best way to measure how well we are doing.

Odd, they appear to think that prostitution is illegal, it isn't.

Imagine how much more the drug industry would be worth if it were taxed, regulated, controlled, didn't destroy so many lives, didn't funnel money to criminals and was a regular, safe, part of the economy.

Odd, they appear to think that prostitution is illegal, it isn't.

Imagine how much more the drug industry would be worth if it were taxed, regulated, controlled, didn't destroy so many lives, didn't funnel money to criminals and was a regular, safe, part of the economy.

The same could be said for prostitution, it would be worth much more and be much safer if it wasn't illegal to engage the services of a prostitute, and whilst prostitution isn't illegal, how many do you think fill their tax return in each years, my guess would be zero.

The same could be said for prostitution, it would be worth much more and be much safer if it wasn't illegal to engage the services of a prostitute, and whilst prostitution isn't illegal, how many do you think fill their tax return in each years, my guess would be zero.

Well, they have sex with strange men for money- deeply unpleasant and frequently highly dangerous, so, personally I'm totally fine with the fact they may not fill in a tax return.

On the positive side, to anyone genuinely put out that prostitutes don't fill in their tax returns, to anyone who genuinely feels that prostitutes are somehow getting one over, a simple solution is to become a prostitute yourselves so you can also get all the benefits (of not filling in your tax forms).

If this is the case then we would soon be out of debt if everyone turned to drugs and prostitution. :roll:
Quite possibly. Colorada made quite a lot of money on tax from legal sales of cannabis in one month and the projected sales for the year are quite eye opening.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2014/03/10/marijuana-revenue-colorado-taxes/6261131/

Well with a whopping 1% of the world's coke production and sales, these Sheffield guys sure have been doing their bit for the economy!

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/local/sheffield-drug-makers-get-82-years-1-6540409

Flippin' heck. Where these clowns really operating on such a massive scale? Hats off to the neighbours, that must have taken some nerve considering what was at stake.

neither are going away anytime soon, both could be made vastly safer, both could be taken out of the hands of criminals

a simple solution is to become a prostitute yourselves
we all are mate. Not the sexual sort. Its called work. Doing what you don't wanna do for money

Make yer mind up :D

Well, they have sex with strange men for money- deeply unpleasant and frequently highly dangerous, so, personally I'm totally fine with the fact they may not fill in a tax return.

On the positive side, to anyone genuinely put out that prostitutes don't fill in their tax returns, to anyone who genuinely feels that prostitutes are somehow getting one over, a simple solution is to become a prostitute yourselves so you can also get all the benefits (of not filling in your tax forms).

But isn’t that argument the same as saying (to someone who complains at the amount paid to benefit claimants) “if your not happy then pack your job in and claim benefits”

Make yer mind up :D

Being paid for sex is not illegal. Soliciting, kerb crawling and running a brothel are illegal though.

The same could be said for prostitution, it would be worth much more and be much safer if it wasn't illegal to engage the services of a prostitute

It isn't. And they should pay income tax on what they earn.

and whilst prostitution isn't illegal, how many do you think fill their tax return in each years, my guess would be zero.

I expect you're correct.

---------- Post added 09-04-2014 at 15:24 ----------

So doing an unpleasant job should make you exempt from paying tax?

Cleaning sewers for example? Or maybe deep sea diver? One is highly unpleasant, the other highly dangerous.

I think a better solution would be to make the industry safer for them and at the same time start taking tax revenue from them.