New cars, no spare tyre?!

No, it is safer to get out of the car, across the barrier and ring the AA/RAC/Green People. The gel is nonsense anyway.

No point in having an argument with me on this topic, I just make sure to check my tyres regularly, last time I had a flat that caught me out before I could have it fixed is over 12 years ago, after doing some research I found that most flat tyres/blown tyres are proven to be the result of poor tyre-care - since then I check my tyres at least once a month, thread-depth, wear, foreign objects, nothing too difficult and highly advisable if you want to avoid getting soaked through on the hard shoulder of the M1.

(PS: Of course now I am due a freak blow-out on the M1, thanks guys!)

I've had several flats over the years that have been down to debris. Short of armoured tyres there's no much than can be done to avoid that kind.

I've had several flats over the years that have been down to debris. Short of armoured tyres there's no much than can be done to avoid that kind.

I've had punctures due to debris, never flats since I learned to look after my tyres, but as I said, I might have been lucky!

No, it is safer to get out of the car, across the barrier and ring the AA/RAC/Green People. The gel is nonsense anyway.

I've only ever seen it used a couple of times on cars but it worked fine on both occassions, on a fairly large hole as well. What problems have you had with it?

what i do is go to staton tyres birley moor, and they will do you a check round to tell you how legal your tyres are , best 5 mins you will have spent for peace of mind and avoid the penalty points simples

what i do is go to staton tyres birley moor, and they will do you a check round to tell you how legal your tyres are , best 5 mins you will have spent for peace of mind and avoid the penalty points simples

It only takes a few minutes to do it yourself and is hardly complicated.

jb

I've only ever seen it used a couple of times on cars but it worked fine on both occassions, on a fairly large hole as well. What problems have you had with it?

If a tyre lets go at 70 on the motorway there isn't usually much tyre left to fill with goo.

and what about elderly people ie arthritis bad hips etc that cant be getting as low as that to check, and whats the legal limit, etc etc its ok if you have the health to do it.

a friend of mine has just been to order his winter tyres,and he says he was very impressed with the advice and what to have fitted etc hes getting them on monday.

---------- Post added 14-11-2015 at 14:13 ----------

ps staton tyres that is