First swallow any sightings yet

They've arrived here in N Derbyshire :)

SBSG reporting a flock of 18 in Hillborough Park yesterday.

We get them on the niger seed feeders in my garden. They quite like verges, scrub and wasteland because of the thistle seeds etc. The first goldfinches I ever saw used to frequent some birch scrub on a colliery in Salford!

Charming birds ;)

I can't get them to come to either of my niger seed feeders! I hear them and see them flying around but they just won't come to feed. The blue tits will sometimes have a go at the niger seeds but other than that it's been a bit of a waste. Even the woodpigeons won't touch them if I scatter them on the ground.

Saw plenty on Sunday whilst cycling along the 5 Weirs Walk off Stevenson Road.

Aye, sat out in the sticks with my two dogs this evening watching a Buzzard doing Buzzardy things, when half a dozen Swallows came down the field, skimming the grass, looking for their tea I suppose. The first I have seen this year.

Angel1

THEY ARE DEFINITELY HERE. Went up Grenoside beginning of week and no sign. Went up there yesterday, heard their 'cheeping' looked up, and 2 of them were swooping about. Trying to get into the stable where they nest every year. Wonderful to see.

I like Swifts. When I was a kid I used to enjoy looking out of my bedroom window as they screamed past as they do, or should I say did. A swift had a nest in the eve's above my bedroom window, it was great watching the Swift swoop in and out of there.