Someone turned Scotland off..

http://www.ssepd.co.uk/CustomerService/PowerCuts/PowerTrack/

Basically, north of Edinburgh/Glasgow - including all the islands, and Orkney and Shetland is turned off...

Someone somewhere has broken something really impressive - especially considering there is a lot of generation in that region. That's a grid failure on a large scale - good job it didn't cascade through the rest of the country.

http://www.ssepd.co.uk/CustomerService/PowerCuts/PowerTrack/

Basically, north of Edinburgh/Glasgow - including all the islands, and Orkney and Shetland is turned off...

Someone somewhere has broken something really impressive - especially considering there is a lot of generation in that region. That's a grid failure on a large scale - good job it didn't cascade through the rest of the country.

If I'm reading the map correctly, Southern England is experiencing problems as well.

Bloody heck, that is a big area to suffer a powercut...

Makes you wonder about the stability of the network...

It is 12 degrees up there. They won't need any power.

It is 12 degrees up there. They won't need any power.

Too true Spike

at -10 londoners hibernate

geordies start looking for a jumper

and Scottish dairy cattle start wishing the person milking them was wearing gloves :-)

If I'm reading the map correctly, Southern England is experiencing problems as well.

You've got the map upside down..:)

There is a lot of generation there - Cruachan peaking plant for example, and Longannet... so with a grid failure that's all offline. So the load furthest from the large generation, which at the moment is Torness and Drax may get shed so I'd expect the south coast to be having problems until they can get more plant online.