UKIP's new policy - force Muslim girls to have intimate examinations

Under their new 'integration agenda' UKIP want to force schoolgirls at risk of female genital mutilation would be given mandatory medical examinations.

http://news.sky.com/story/ukip-schoolgirls-should-have-mandatory-medical-fgm-check-every-year-10849237

As Lynne Featherstone says - FGM is a very serious issue and needs to be tackled sensitively. However, why has this been flagged up by UKIP?

Are they motivated by a humanitarian impulses to ensure that no child be subject to these dreadful practices, or is it 'dog whistle politics' to satiate xenophobic elements.

Incidentally I wonder where this places male circumcision....I understand that some religions insist that young boys go through this procedure - even where there is no medical reason to do so.

Edited by Mister M

This barbaric practice is not limited to muslim girls.

Under their new 'integration agenda' UKIP want to force schoolgirls at risk of female genital mutilation would be given mandatory medical examinations.

http://news.sky.com/story/ukip-schoolgirls-should-have-mandatory-medical-fgm-check-every-year-10849237

As Lynne Featherstone says - FGM is a very serious issue and needs to be tackled sensitively. However, why has this been flagged up by UKIP?

Are they motivated by a humanitarian impulses to ensure that no child be subject to these dreadful practices, or is it 'dog whistle politics' to satiate xenophobic elements.

Incidentally I wonder where this places male circumcision....I understand that some religions insist that young boys go through this procedure - even where there is no medical reason to do so.

Circumcision is totally different to FGM

Read up about it, as the description of the differences are not really suitable for a general forum.

On the flip side, the circumcision will not be done if the health of the child is or would be at risk. One is religious the other cultural.

Guest sibon
that cannot be right , this is the evil ukip policy

State sponsored, forced medical examinations of young girls are abuse. Regardless of who's policy it is.

State sponsored, forced medical examinations of young girls are abuse. Regardless of who's policy it is.

and so is FGM

I couldn't agree more.

It should be all young girls then, if you want to avoid demonising one group of religious maniacs.

If it uncovers criminal activity then it should be allowed.

Being constrained by religion is not the way we should be moving.

2 wrongs dont make a right :thumbsup:

glad you think a subject as serious as this deserves a thumbs up , what next , a smiley face ?