We have a bees' nest, what shall we do?

We seem to have a bees' nest right under our back bedroom window. They have found a crack or hole in the brickwork and we have seen them going in and out. They arnt bothering us at all as they can't get in the house just into the wall cavity. What should we do, leave them, report that we have a nest or what?? Next door neighbour seems more bothered than us, came round to tell us last week. Told us to block up hole with filler, now that's just cruel isn't it?

Guest sibon

Pop round. Fill up the neighbour's front door with filler and leave the bees alone.

They are lovely and important creatures.

Bees seem to be a particular problem this year, I have a nest of Bumble Bees and am really not sure what to do, there is already a thread about Bees, maybe the Mods could join them.

If they are accessible Honey Bees - the Sheffield Bee Keepers may come and get them. (may..don't hold your breathe). Any other bees - no chance.

They should be removed in some way without harming them. The bee population is dying off in large numbers and nobody really knows the reason but pesticides are suspected.

Bees pollinate so they play a very important part in the environment

They are bumble bees, think I will leave them alone

---------- Post added 07-06-2015 at 15:44 ----------

But then again they keep landing on the garden and our dog is out there a lot and don't want her to get stung. Oh now just unearthed ants in a pot that contains our first dog's ashes!!

What ever you do don call pest control... bees are needed..

call a beekeeper (swarm collector) and he will remove it

http://www.bbka.org.uk/help/find_a_swarm_coordinator.php

type your post code in and do a good deed

They will only collect Honey Bees not Bumble Bees. I have talked our bee problem over with my 3 grandsons and they have decided that we should not destroy our 'nest' of Bumble Bees and they have promised to keep well away from the bees 'flight path' into my outhouse. I am still concerned about the closeness to the house and numbers that we may get, so we will wait and hope that it doesn't become unmanageable.

Looked at a beekeepers website and they are solitary bees and cannot be removed, I don't mind cos they arnt bothering anyone.