What's happening to money?

To save a little girl's life, one 12 month course of readily available treatment (medication) will cost £353,000.

Why?

Could I see a breakdown of the costs please?

Is it just part of this new two tier system of money that thinks it's OK to pay certain people millions in bonuses, huge salaries, and charge £1.5 million for an ex-council flat, while the average wage in the North is less than £18,000.

What's happening to money? The split between rich and poor is getting ridiculous, and it's starting to affect everyone who isn't part of the elite. There are now so many things that used to be available to people that are now so overpriced they are unaffordable to ordinary working people.

You're really going to have to be more specific in your rants.

Is the 350k paying for one pill, ten pills or round the clock medical attention in a hospital??

Do you have a link for the story Anna?

nothing is happening to money, by and large it's quite happy it's the people who aren't

without knowing anything about this supposed treatment, it's hard to provide anything about costs. however, the denizens of this little backwater on the internet, have on many occasions explored the costs associated with developing new drugs and treatments and I would refer you to those discussions

There are now so many things that used to be available to people that are now so overpriced they are unaffordable to ordinary working people.

On the other hand there are so many things which used to be expensive but now much cheaper - electrical goods for example.

Do you have a link for the story Anna?

Today's one 0' clock news.

---------- Post added 01-06-2015 at 14:41 ----------

nothing is happening to money, by and large it's quite happy it's the people who aren't

without knowing anything about this supposed treatment, it's hard to provide anything about costs. however, the denizens of this little backwater on the internet, have on many occasions explored the costs associated with developing new drugs and treatments and I would refer you to those discussions

There's a difference between profit and profiteering.

We're back to morals and big business again.

What's happening to money?
"Dieu a dit: Il faut partager. Les riches auront la nourriture, les pauvres de l'appétit." Michel Colucci (1944-1986)

(God said: things must shared. The rich will have the food, the poor will have the appetite) ;)

To save a little girl's life, one 12 month course of readily available treatment (medication) will cost £353,000.

Why?

Could I see a breakdown of the costs please?

Is it just part of this new two tier system of money that thinks it's OK to pay certain people millions in bonuses, huge salaries, and charge £1.5 million for an ex-council flat, while the average wage in the North is less than £18,000.

What's happening to money? The split between rich and poor is getting ridiculous, and it's starting to affect everyone who isn't part of the elite. There are now so many things that used to be available to people that are now so overpriced they are unaffordable to ordinary working people.

Totally stinks! Yet other countries, such as Cuba, are offering cancer vacancies free of charge.

Today's one 0' clock news.

Do you have a link though? Those of us using a computer can't go and watch the news. (Well, not at work).

And google turned up nothing, nor has reading the BBC or the telegraph which I did over lunch.

Do you have a link though? Those of us using a computer can't go and watch the news. (Well, not at work).

And google turned up nothing, nor has reading the BBC or the telegraph which I did over lunch.

Same here.................

On the other hand there are so many things which used to be expensive but now much cheaper - electrical goods for example.

That's because they're cheap to produce these days. Doesn't justify anything. Electrical goods used to be luxury items, these days they're almost FMCG.

Totally stinks! Yet other countries, such as Cuba, are offering cancer vacancies free of charge.

Which country is the girl in Anna's post in? I can't find any info about it...