I thought there was a shortage of housing

I thought there was shortage of housing. I'm offering a 2 bed house, in longley and don't seems to be having much look .

Does anyone know of any ideas I can get my house let.

1st time landlord.

Thanks

I thought there was shortage of housing. I'm offering a 2 bed house, in longley and don't seems to be having much look .

Does anyone know of any ideas I can get my house let.

1st time landlord.

Thanks

Drop the rent you're asking for?

I have, the rent I'm asking isn't above market value or anything. I'm just wondering if there is somewhere I can advertise that I haven't done yet. Sheffield forum, gum tree. Pam I making it more difficult that I don't was dss?

its not in page hall is it?

No not in page hall, now if it wAs I could rent that to a Roma family straight away.

just joking, but what i really meant was is the district where your house is o.k

Why buy a property in that area knowing you won't even consider letting to those in receipt of housing benefit. Seems a very strange investment decision to me. Cheap was it.:)

Yeh the house is above standard to something something u would let out, the street is mostly owner occupied, quiet road, fab neighbours closer to shops school etc. I think it's because I don't want dss that I'm going to have a problem.

---------- Post added 04-11-2013 at 12:28 ----------

Why buy a property in that area knowing you won't even consider letting to those in receipt of housing benefit. Seems a very strange investment decision to me. Cheap was it.:)

Seems strange you would think I have done that, this is my family home and I have lived here for 8 year, just an opportunity has come up to live somewhere and I would be very stupid to no do it.

So 1 not an investment decision,

2 this is not the question I've asked

3 it's not the housing benefit it's the length of time it takes for the claim to go through

Edited by clevercow

I'm not after a property so it's really none of my business but always wondered why no DSS, I would have thought you would be guaranteed to get your rent money where as some one paying their own rent could default or do a moonlight.

Use a reputable estate agent. They can take care of the advertising and promotion.

Edited by blackberry
I was unnecessarily harsh on reflection.

Jan it's the 3 months it can take for the claim to go through, I carnt rent my new house unless I have the In come from the my house. Plus your not guaranteed the rent, housing benefit is very rarely paid directly to the landlord now

---------- Post added 04-11-2013 at 12:40 ----------

Well if you have written you adverts like you have these posts its unsurprising. Your spelling and punctuation is atrocious and for someone looking for a trusty on the ball landlord it’s not setting a very good example.

O right so u need an A in English to rent out my house? Is this where I have to defend myself???

Ok I'm totally useless in English, (think it's got worse with the invention of spell check) but on plus side I have a degree in environmental health and housing law, I'm also a qualified hairdressers, and I am also qualified to inspect properties under the housing health and safety rating system. So it's not held me back so far that I'm not amazing at English. I am currently working for local government. What is it that you do again? And before you ask I've got a day off today. I'm not using sheffield forum at work.

---------- Post added 04-11-2013 at 12:43 ----------

Use a reputable estate agent. They can take care of the advertising and promotion.

Don't want to use an agent, means paying them and I think I'm on the ball enough to be able to do this myself :)

Edited by clevercow

we use UPAD to advertise ours - we get free advertising through our landlords insurance, so even better. Great photos are absolutely key to making your property stand out over others.