The double standards of the press

Poor Tim Farron, I don't really like him much, but I think the hounding he's had over this very personal and complex question has been very unfair.

Not something that can be answered with a simple yes or no.

The double standards of people in general, sucks.

---------- Post added 26-04-2017 at 05:45 ----------

---------- Post added 26-04-2017 at 05:46 ----------

I don't call it politics.

More like a farce?:|

Edited by AmberLeaf

Didn't you realise the Tory's had stolen all Labours ideas and presented them as their own??

I don't know why Labour aren't making more of a song and dance about it all.

Because it's a non-issue. If it's a good idea then use it. It doesn't matter where it came from.

To not do something just because it is associated with another party would be a bad way to serve the country.

Because it's a non-issue. If it's a good idea then use it. It doesn't matter where it came from.

To not do something just because it is associated with another party would be a bad way to serve the country.

Is anybody suggesting they don't do it?

But they should credit the originator and not simply plagiarise.

---------- Post added 26-04-2017 at 09:21 ----------

I'm not that bothered by the political cross-dressing...

That conjours up a disturbing image...

I don't think England is a true democracy. It may look like one. The reality however is that looks can be deceiving and befooling people into thinking they are a democracy while their whole main surface media is biased to one side.

I don't have any objections, there are many countries in the world that aren't a true democracy and I personally don't really care, it is not my problem. It is rather funny watching all these people thinking they are free while they are just following each other like sheep in a herd.

Probably the worst thing in the last few days.

Marr on BBC seemingly is teed up to quiz Corbyn about Trident.

Fallon rapidly follows up with a series of responses almost as if he was prepared for it. The next day Keunsberg twists the knife even more with biased reporting including a very questionable tweet.

I don't think the BBC is badly any-Labour but it is heavily anti-Corbyn.

Is anybody suggesting they don't do it?

But they should credit the originator and not simply plagiarise.

Ah yes but if they display any appreciation of another party's ideas they're in danger of striking up a rapport and might even end up working together for the good of the country, and we don't want that now do we. No, its better all round if they lie and cheat their way along.

I don't think England is a true democracy. It may look like one.

"True Democracy" is a term I have seen bandied about many times, but never defined.

If democracy is the worst of all systems, then true democracy must be truly the worst.

But your happy pills must be good if you think that it looks like we have any kind of democracy, let alone a true one: the fallout from the referendum shows it to be logically false.

The reality however is that looks can be deceiving and befooling people into thinking they are a democracy while their whole main surface media is biased to one side.

And that side is Rupert Murdoch...

In that first link to 'The Sun', two things struck me.

One is how they refer to it as the Tories 'Charter' and not manifesto, as if it has some great and significant grounding.

The second being those two ministers emerging from No 10 with stupid grins on their faces. Far from making them look at ease with each other, it makes them look like Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid, running to their doom. ;)

Here's some double standards for you; the press NOT pressing Sadiq Khan, the mayor of London, on whether he considers gay sex a sin or not, considering his faith, but picking on Tim Farron about it. :roll: