Got a really odd request (Ghost) needing an expert in audio and subjec

Don't think so. You argued that there were lots more who have dies that are currently alive, so hell must be overcrowded. Whereas if everyone 'recycles' then there wouldn't be anyone in heaven or hell.

Did I miss your point? Or did you miss mine? :huh:

Reminds me of an answer to a very odd physics exam question "Is hell endothermic or exothermic"

First, We postulate that if souls exist, then they must have some mass. If they do, then a mole of souls can also have a mass. So, at what rate are souls moving into hell and at what rate are souls leaving? I think we can safely assume that once a soul gets to hell, it will not leave.

Therefore, no souls are leaving. As for souls entering hell, let's look at the different religions that exist in the world today. Some of these religions state that if you are not a member of their religion, then you will go to hell. Since there are more than one of these religions and people do not belong to more than one religion, we can project that all people and souls go to hell. With birth and death rates as they are, we can expect the number of souls in hell to increase exponentially.

Now, we look at the rate of change in volume in hell. Boyle's Law states that in order for the temperature and pressure in hell to stay the same, the ratio of the mass of souls and volume needs to stay constant. Two options exist:

If hell is expanding at a slower rate than the rate at which souls enter hell, then the temperature and pressure in hell will increase until all hell breaks loose.

If hell is expanding at a rate faster than the increase of souls in hell, then the temperature and pressure will drop until hell freezes over.

So which is it? If we accept the quote given to me by Theresa Manyan during Freshman year, "that it will be a cold night in hell before I sleep with you" and take into account the fact that I still have NOT succeeded in having sexual relations with her, then Option 2 cannot be true...Thus, hell is exothermic."

Read this post with interest.......

I neither believe or disbelieve in what the op says.

What about that program on TV: Most haunted, is that too made up just to fill a program slot on TV ?

What about these people who claim to have witnessed UFO sightings and been abducted by aliens ?

There are many questions to be asked about things that are around us that we can neither hear or see...... I believe in keeping an open mind.

Good for you, I tend to agree.

To think you know everything sounds a bit arrogant to me. New things are being discovered all the time, though we may interpret them wrongly.

Good for you, I tend to agree.

To think you know everything sounds a bit arrogant to me. New things are being discovered all the time, though we may interpret them wrongly.

I agree, especially with the bit I've made bold. All sorts of fascinating folklore and 'supernatural' phenomena have been provided with modern explanations, as superstition has gradually given way to knowledge: demonic possession revealed as schizophrenia; reports of changelings and fetches explained as Capgras delusion; movement of the ouija board planchette nothing but the ideomotor effect; reports of moving lights in darkened rooms - the autokinetic effect; past life regression and alien abduction explained by the ease with which entirely false memories can be planted and subsequently recalled as fact and embroidered by active imaginations. Do we know everything? Of course not, and anyone who makes such a claim is an idiot.

A little bit of reading around social, cognitive and neuropsychology is all it takes to provide anyone - at least those who claim to have an open mind - with a solid background from which to explain paranormal phenomena. But, alas, people who are motivated to hear the hoofbeats of the supernatural will continue to look for zebras when the mundane reality is that the copious amounts of manure spread by the likes of Most Haunted and so on can be explained away by the usual horses.

I agree, especially with the bit I've made bold. All sorts of fascinating folklore and 'supernatural' phenomena have been provided with modern explanations, as superstition has gradually given way to knowledge: demonic possession revealed as schizophrenia; reports of changelings and fetches explained as Capgras delusion; movement of the ouija board planchette nothing but the ideomotor effect; reports of moving lights in darkened rooms - the autokinetic effect; past life regression and alien abduction explained by the ease with which entirely false memories can be planted and subsequently recalled as fact and embroidered by active imaginations. Do we know everything? Of course not, and anyone who makes such a claim is an idiot.

A little bit of reading around social, cognitive and neuropsychology is all it takes to provide anyone - at least those who claim to have an open mind - with a solid background from which to explain paranormal phenomena. But, alas, people who are motivated to hear the hoofbeats of the supernatural will continue to look for zebras when the mundane reality is that the copious amounts of manure spread by the likes of Most Haunted and so on can be explained away by the usual horses.

Reported. You've been warned before about bringing logic and reasoned debate into this thread.