Why won't Theresa May take part in a TV debate?

She is just being kind to them. Anyway it is a silly American thing but I do remember Clerggy doing very well on the last debate and look what a plonker he's turned out to be.

Maybe her face is more suited to radio?

Her voice is better suited to newspapers.

Corbyn to boycott them too if May won't appear.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/jeremy-corbyn-set-boycott-tv-10298898

Im not sure on that one. One the one hand he could make an impact without May, but equally could get shown up by wee Nicola and Tim farron.

A lot has been said how may, who comes across as very calculating, wouldn't fair well on a tv debate but I'm not sure how well corbyn comes across in similar circumstances.

Im not sure on that one. One the one hand he could make an impact without May, but equally could get shown up by wee Nicola and Tim farron.

A lot has been said how may, who comes across as very calculating, wouldn't fair well on a tv debate but I'm not sure how well corbyn comes across in similar circumstances.

.........."wee Nicola and Tim Farron."...........still not learned the lessons of the schoolyard!

.........."wee Nicola and Tim Farron."...........still not learned the lessons of the schoolyard!

It's a playground with 65 million people watching.

Just get out there and show us who they are and what makes them tick.

My suspicion is May is not big on details across a wide range of policy. She'd be shown up. In PMQs all she does is bluster. Her speeches are just meaningless quite often

I'm on my phone and can't spell sturgeon. ;);)

I was watching the BBC news this evening, and the political correspondent reported that at the last PMQs before the election, Theresa May wanted to make it about personal style - not policies i.e. 'strong and stable leadership from me against weak and chaotic leadership from Corbyn'.

I'm sure that'll play well with voters. Except that if she does want to make it personal, why not go in a head to head debate with Corbyn?

It strikes me that she just wants to throw mud (with the aid of the media) from the sidelines, but not debate in a mature way, in an open forum with Corbyn. All looks very immature, and beneath her office to me.

Edited by Mister M

I was watching the BBC news this evening, and the political correspondent reported that at the last PMQs before the election, Theresa May wanted to make it about personal style - not policies i.e. 'strong and stable leadership from me against weak and chaotic leadership from Corbyn'.

I'm sure that'll play well with voters. Except that if she does want to make it personal, why not go in a head to head debate with Corbyn?

It strikes me that she just wants to throw mud (with the aid of the media) from the sidelines, but not debate in a mature way, in an open forum with Corbyn. All looks very immature, and beneath her office to me.

At least she wants to prevent tourism...

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/theresa-mays-prevent-tourism-gaff-12944996

because she hasn't got any policies that we want to hear.

Just get out there and show us who they are and what makes them tick.

Is it relevant?

Do we want entertainment or do we want good governance?

Is their ability to give quick and clever answers any indication of their ability to provide good and proper ones?

My suspicion is May is not big on details across a wide range of policy. She'd be shown up. In PMQs all she does is bluster. Her speeches are just meaningless quite often

It is all that any of them ever do, and have ever done for as long as I can remember.

Whatever the question, the only answers we get are "But under Labour something bad happened..." and "The global banking crash that Labour caused".

OK, I'm paraphrasing a bit, but why do they (or we) let her get away with it?

This is not quite the same Labour Party as the one that formed a government and neither are responsible for the banking crash.