Can someone explain our EU payments?

BIB - would love to hear which other countries get a EU budget rebate but not the UK, btw.

It is in the first link, altho 2 years old. And that is why its all confusing.

While the UK rebate is to remain unchanged, a furious Mr Hollande left Brussels warning he would again seek to cut it if Britain attempts to renegotiate EU treaties to claw back powers from Brussels.

Rebates for other countries are to be cut, with Austria losing its altogether. Denmark, however, secured a £110million rebate demanded by its prime minister.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2275435/Cameron-wins-historic-cut-EUs-spending-BUT-heres-bad-news-Thanks-Blair-Britain-end-paying-MORE.html#ixzz3cVEpNsFZ

While the UK rebate is to remain unchanged, a furious Mr Hollande left Brussels warning he would again seek to cut it if Britain attempts to renegotiate EU treaties to claw back powers from Brussels.

Rebates for other countries are to be cut, with Austria losing its altogether. Denmark, however, secured a £110million rebate demanded by its prime minister.

So the UK did not not get a rebate. Glad we cleared that.

I'm aware of Denmark getting a Kr1bn rebate in 2013, that was won on the back of Cameron's feet-stomping about reducing the EU budget. As I understand it, it was also a one-off for the 2014-2021 EU budget, not set in stone like Thatcher's.

Austria doesn't have a rebate that I can find any info about. Austria has to pay for 25% of the UK rebate though, along with Germany, the Netherlands and Sweden. France foots the 75% balance. No wonder Hollande's nose was severely out of kilter ;)

Your point on DC: Funny how the article hails this as a victory for Cameron whereas it still required a majority of HoS to vote for it.

HoS= Heads of State?

No.

You meant Heads of Government, which includes the Prime Minister.

The press are very biased, so I cannot understand what is happening with our EU payments.

"While the UK rebate is to remain unchanged".

"Denmark, however, secured a £110million rebate demanded by its prime minister."

Yet the news story was positive for David Cameron. How are a countries payments to the EU worked out, and have they changed?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2275435/Cameron-wins-historic-cut-EUs-spending-BUT-heres-bad-news-Thanks-Blair-Britain-end-paying-MORE.html

It is very easy. If we leave the EU our payments to them stop. We also don't get to keep 100% of the VAT we collect. Simple isn't it?

HoS= Heads of State?

No.

You meant Heads of Government, which includes the Prime Minister.

Correct Jeffrey, thank you, rather pleased I don't have to write any legally binding documentation the next few months ;)

It is very easy. If we leave the EU our payments to them stop. We also don't get to keep 100% of the VAT we collect. Simple isn't it?

Don't you mean the following?

If we leave the EU our payments to them stop. We also get to keep 100% of the VAT we collect.