Cyclist vs Bus due to ignoring red light

I wouldn't, it seems like a stupid idea.

As someone else said, there's a reason for such bikes, and it's to do with racing, not commuting.

And bike polo, where you need to be able to reverse. (Not that I've tried it.)

Can anyone who rides fixed now confirm if their "leg braking" is as good as normal rear brakes.. Earlier posts on here appear to say it isn't.

I last rode a fixed gear over 40 years ago. I fitted it to an old bike whose geared back wheel was knackered, mainly to try it out as I'd never ridden fixed before. As a result, I still had the old rear brake fitted. But I tried to ride without using the rear brake, ie just using my legs. From memory, I don't recall braking with my legs as being any less efficient than using a hand operated brake.

Fine as long as in an emergency you just happen to recall whether your pedal cycle actually has efficient brakes or if you are on the unroadworthy one at the time.

Though to quote another pedal cyclist on here, it would not matter as pedal cyclists only hurt themselves when they run into other people......... Right!