I thought there was a shortage of housing

Yeh the house is above standard to something something u would let out, the street is mostly owner occupied, quiet road, fab neighbours closer to shops school etc. I think it's because I don't want dss that I'm going to have a problem.[

Seems strange you would think I have done that, this is my family home and I have lived here for 8 year, just an opportunity has come up to live somewhere and I would be very stupid to no do it.

So 1 not an investment decision,

2 this is not the question I've asked

3 it's not the housing benefit it's the length of time it takes for the claim to go through

It became an investment decision the second you decided to rent out in that area. Maybe you should at least consider letting to those in receipt of housing benefit. There are challenges of course but if you get the right people it could work out.

Jan it's the 3 months it can take for the claim to go through, I carnt rent my new house unless I have the In come from the my house. Plus your not guaranteed the rent, housing benefit is very rarely paid directly to the landlord now

I understand now thank's for the reply.

I thought there was shortage of housing. I'm offering a 2 bed house, in longley and don't seems to be having much look .

Does anyone know of any ideas I can get my house let.

1st time landlord.

Thanks

Firstly maybe you should tells us what you have already done. How much is the rent, is it furnished/part furnished?

jb

Jb

Everything is done. Like I said it's been my family home for 8 years. Full decorated, modern, fitted kitchen. Laminate floor in kitchen, carpeted through out. Extremely well presented. I inspects private houses and not many come up to the standard of my house, I have gas safety Certs, smoke alarms, fire blankets. Gas Central heating, double glazed. Alarm system fitted. Grassed from garden, low maintenance back garden with a purpose built out building that the other half used as a gym. Also a decked are. 6ft fence all way round back garden 2.

Tbh someone could move straight in and wouldn't have anything to do.

I was asking 500pcm with 1 month deposit, but would take 475pcm.

It sounds good. As you are wishing to progress it quickly, the only thing I can suggest is what others have mentioned i.e. that you consider DSS. Hope you soon get it rented out.

Edited by ccit

I have a friend who may be interested. Shes currently living quite far from her daughters school at Longley. She works part time and does get help with the rent (DHSS)

Would you consider letting to her? Her landlord is selling up too so she would be able to move ASAP.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

I have a friend who may be interested. Shes currently living quite far from her daughters school at Longley. She works part time and does get help with the rent (DHSS)

Would you consider letting to her? Her landlord is selling up too so she would be able to move ASAP.

This lady sounds ideal, I'd say yes straight away especially as she is a friend being recommended.

This lady sounds ideal, I'd say yes straight away especially as she is a friend being recommended.

I have emailed her to get Intouch :)

Jb

Everything is done. Like I said it's been my family home for 8 years. Full decorated, modern, fitted kitchen. Laminate floor in kitchen, carpeted through out. Extremely well presented. I inspects private houses and not many come up to the standard of my house, I have gas safety Certs, smoke alarms, fire blankets. Gas Central heating, double glazed. Alarm system fitted. Grassed from garden, low maintenance back garden with a purpose built out building that the other half used as a gym. Also a decked are. 6ft fence all way round back garden 2.

Tbh someone could move straight in and wouldn't have anything to do.

I was asking 500pcm with 1 month deposit, but would take 475pcm.

Sounds lovely, rent not too bad either. Hopefully Leah-Lacie's friend will work out. If not have you tried Rightmove?

jb

I've passed your details on so she should ring you soon :) Thanks

You can try https://www.rentify.com which gets it on Zoopla free amongst others. An extra £15 gets it on Rightmove. Good luck