Seeking advice re blocked drain

Hi!

I'm looking for some information on a problem I've got with the drainage system for my house ( 2 bedroom semi detached ex council house built around 1935 in Shiregreen ). The problem is with the outside drain from the kitchen sink ( i.e. the sink itself is not blocked ). Outside the house there are two "drain boxes" in the drive way, one placed near the front corner of the house, the other @ the rear corner. I've had the lids off them, & poured a bucket of water down the front one, & it flows freely to the rear "drain box", so it appears that main run of the drainage system is free. I have been told that the one from the blocked sink runs to the main branch where it joins the main run by means of a Y shaped junction. So, this short run of pipe is buried under the drive, & can be accessed from one end only i.e. just outside the kitchen window, where there's a short vertical clay pipe of about 4.5" diameter which accepts the plastic pipe from the kitchen sink. I've been told that after a 90 degree turn from vertical to horizontal, these pipes open up to a U bend before running to the main branch pipe. While I've got some drainage clearing rods, I've got nothing that's nearly flexible enough to navigate a 90 degree bend then a U bend before it continue for approx 6 feet or so until it reaches the main branch pipe, & as yet, i don't know how far down this run the blockage is.

So, being keen to avoid the cost of having to resort to Dynarod, does anybody know of a suitable, relatively cheap alternative solution that I can use to clear this blockage, & if there is one, where can I purchase it?

Cheers,

Jim

Yes it will go into a gully, have you tried plunging it or and using the jet washer/hosepipe around it ?

try some one shot acidic drain cleaner that will shift it if it is fat or organic matter.

Drain could Be worse case be collapsed but only a cctv survey would confirm this we can't do the survey but can do the repair !

If its a gully dig round it and isolate it , you may have to dig down 2 feet. Once isolated pull u bend off from main drain you can then rod easily . Hard work is

digging rest is easy.

Dynorod are a rip off. If you're not able to fix it yourself I recommend you contact Rocky1 on here. Great price and he does exactly what he says he will! :)

Dynorod are a rip off. QUOTE]

Yeh, that's while I'm here!

I'll get some acid drain cleaner & if that doesn't work, take it from there.

Good sound advice above.....try plunging, then 'one shot', if no success then further investigation regarding suspected collapsed section

Ive cleared thousands of blocked gully grates in the last 35 years. At this time of year its a good chance its leaves and dirt blocking it. Use a 4'' flat disc plunger and a drain rod, let the taps run and vigerously give the gully a good plunging. If it doesn't work it could be stones or a brick has fallen in so get some gauntlets and get your hand down.

Sent you a pm

Rocky can you PM me your number fella need some help with a Drain need a camera survey Ta Micky

Got my blocked drain sorted out yesterday. I'd PM'd Dave /" Rocky 1" on Wednesday evening, saying what my most convenient times were so he was over early

on the afternoon of the next day. No great fuss or drama as some suggested that the drain pipe had collapsed. It was simply a build up of grease. Dave /"Rocky1"

was not only prompt, but clearly knows what he's talking about, & is fast, efficient & gets on with the job. While he works for a fixed rate, he volunteered ( I didn't even have to ask him ! ) to sort out another drain that was beginning to get silted up for no extra cost! So, in my book he's a top man & I'd not only be very happy to use him again, but highly recommend him to others.

Jim

Thankyou jim glad I could be of service