Famous People In Sheffield

Hey again all,

Please let me know if this is considered advertising, but we put together another article recently and honestly think it will have something interesting for posters here. I found so many interesting Sheffield related tidbits while researching it :)

https://www.williamsapt.com/blog/10-famous-people-you-could-spot-in-sheffield/

The title is "10 Famous People You Could Spot In Sheffield". I'm sure many of the names will be pretty common knowledge to you lot, but some of the specifics might not be.

For instance, I didn't know the story about the Arctic Monkeys early demos and the connections to The Boardwalk on Snig Hill, and the Boardwalk building is literally directly across the road from our City Centre apartments!

Now, I do plan to write at least one more article about famous Sheffield peeps, probably one dedicated to the deceased folk that somehow changed our lives, and hopefully a follow up to this one, a "10 More Famous People You Could Spot in Sheffield". So I was hoping that if you know a cool fact related to someone famous, alive or dead, who came from, or has some key connection to, Sheffield, you would share it here.

I'm not just trying to crowd-source my research, either :) I really do find it inspiring to hear about folks who made it big and came from places we know and recognize, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

---------- Post added 21-06-2017 at 17:10 ----------

Oh, hmm, I actually meant to put this in General Discussions. Could a mod move it?

If you'd like to help with the OPs research please contact them via PM.

Thank you, closing (as is forum policy with all research threads)