What's wrong with my mobile phone ?

I have a Samsung mobile phone which is about 18 months old on Pay as You Go. Last week I noticed that after fully charging it to 100% next day it dropped to 36 % then lower. I kept charging it every day but the same thing kept happening. I took it EE who I'm under but they said the battery was going and a new battery was £50- £60 pounds and tried to sell me a new phone which I refused. I went to a phone repair shop who put me a new battery in for £18. Luckily I kept the receipt because the same thing is happening again. I'm going back to the repair man tomorrow but does anyone have any idea what the matter can be ?:huh:

Software. Try a different version of andriod and you'll find the battery life is ok again. Quite a common problem on phones with android.

Software. Try a different version of andriod and you'll find the battery life is ok again. Quite a common problem on phones with android.

It is android. Thanks. Maybe I didn't need a new battery after all !:rolleyes:

Hello,

It's common problem of any android device, we'd recommend to perform factory reset on your mobile, or find someone knowledgeable enough to install custom Android OS (custom ones tends to have better performance and battery stats). If that would not help, then you may need new battery. Lithium polymer batteries has lifetime of approx 600-800 charges so yours may be approaching it's end.

hope this helps

Thank you!

have you got Wi-Fi turned on? this can eat up power

also check what apps are running in the background and turn off those that you don't need

No wi fi on the phone only on IPad. All your sugggestions I shall look into. :clap::clap:

have you got Wi-Fi turned on? this can eat up power

also check what apps are running in the background and turn off those that you don't need

Yes true, a lad at my work deleted WhatsApp or something similar because it drained the battery so quickly.

I have a 1+ 3T running Nougat 7.1.1 and had some battery issues for first few weeks but then it reported 31 hours left. Oxygen recently updated and Comodo Battery Saver reporting 40 hours left. I was dismayed to see on 1+ community that they think 6 hours SOT is good! LOL

I have a Samsung galaxy and in settings, more, battery, there is a battery usage button which tells you what has used your battery since the last charge to 100%.

I have a Samsung galaxy and in settings, more, battery, there is a battery usage button which tells you what has used your battery since the last charge to 100%.

Just seen this reply. Thanks