Roger waters new album

Been waiting for a new album from roger since "amused to death" in the nineties the musical content is varied with a sprinkling of Floydian sound effects, the radio announcer from radio kaos etc. First impression is not favourable but as with most of his work the record grows on you.

The sound quality seems to be poor compared to other works by him but it may just be poor producing, time will tell if its a grower. Must give a lowly 5/10 on first impressions.

I thought Amused to Death was instantly likeable, Kaos not so but as you said his style grows on you. Currently listening to his new stuff on YouTube, sounds good, time will tell

I am listening to this new album from an internet download, as the tracks are in flac 44100hz sampled at 793kbs format I was expecting a higher fidelity of sound.The vocals are to far back in the mix to be heard properly and the whole point of the album is the lyrics, in the good old days of twelve inch vinyl albums the lyrics were very often printed on the inner sleeve so you could read as you listen.

The first track is deliberately muddled with two lyric lines playing at the same time and gradually becoming understandable, not a good opening track and would put many impulse buyers off it altogether on a single track listen.

Was listening to it last night.

Although I like Waters Amused to Death and Radio Chaos this seems to be very much the same style and nothing really new. Lots of voice clips with Floyd style guitar and effects and The Wall style vocals. He still seems to be very hung up on his fathers death and anything to do with war as portrayed in his The Final Cut. His masterpiece was The Wall but he keeps trying to re-hash that style and feel in new recordings.

It may grow on me but if anything like The Final Cut it will rarely get played.

although I have the album on flac format I may still buy the old fashioned album version in a quest for better sound quality. I still have a good turntable but rarely use it nowadays due to the convenience of digital formats.

I don't have a problem with the Floyd sound, it's been with me now for 50 years and even with bands such as Airbag it's a phenomena I can listen to. Waters made up 25% of the band so the sound essentially is him, it's who he is so I see no reason for him to change.

I think his albums including Pros and Cons and the few tracks I've found on YouTube from the new one are different enough for them to be his own. If any were Floyd projects the sound would be markedly different again.

I like Waters, yeah he's a bit of an arse but you can't knock his lyrics, he has a gift and his sound is addictive.

is this the wrong time to mention this new Dave Gilmour BBC documentary? lol

is this the wrong time to mention this new Dave Gilmour BBC documentary? lol

Thanks but its from 2015 and already got it.. ;)

Thanks but its from 2015 and already got it.. ;)

oh is it, saw it was upped in april so presumed it was a newer one