Laptop tv blurred and zoomed

tried to watch bbc 1 tonight on a laptop and the picture was black & white blurred and zoomed in about 200%. It started a couple of weeks ago on you tube some videos are fine on there but i still have this problem with a few. Been to a few help sites and the general shout is to press ctrl then zero or - but no joy, tried uninstalling adobe flash then installing, my other half gets a lot of problems with a game called farmville on facebook could this be related, we have windows 10 less than a year old

tried to watch bbc 1 tonight on a laptop and the picture was black & white blurred and zoomed in about 200%. It started a couple of weeks ago on you tube some videos are fine on there but i still have this problem with a few. Been to a few help sites and the general shout is to press ctrl then zero or - but no joy, tried uninstalling adobe flash then installing, my other half gets a lot of problems with a game called farmville on facebook could this be related, we have windows 10 less than a year old

Try pressing ctrl+minus at the same time.That should reduce your screen size.

CTRL+0 (on the number pad) sets default zoom level of 100% for web browsers

Sounds like it's been zoomed in to me... :)

last couple of times i tried its been fine but still some of the clips on you tube are zoomed in tried ctrl with minus and zero no joy but not to bothered as i have smart tv i can see you tube films on there.

If it's laptop plugged into a TV, it could be that it's set for the wrong resolution, and the TV is only displaying part of the image....

it was ok yesterday but tonight when i was watching dr who it went again tried the amd and its fine thanks a lot for the advice