BT TV update - awful!

Has anyone got BT TV and seen this new update?

Mine did it this morning.

Now the list of recorded programmes is pages of 'screenshots' of the programmes. It dreadful! :rant:

Can't people read or something?

As above, plus can't get the sound right - AND - the colouring on the 'guide' is now blue and white and difficult to read! What was the matter with black and white?

I have to say I agree it's a bit clunky, yet it's won design awards...it annoys me that if you've got a few programmes with similar names for example:

Russian GP Practice 1

Russian GP Qualifying

Russian GP Live

each one gets shortened to:

Russian GP...

so you have to open each blooming one to find the thing you want! ARGH.

I have to say I agree it's a bit clunky, yet it's won design awards...it annoys me that if you've got a few programmes with similar names for example:

Russian GP Practice 1

Russian GP Qualifying

Russian GP Live

each one gets shortened to:

Russian GP...

so you have to open each blooming one to find the thing you want! ARGH.

Yes. I mainly record documentaries. So I'm seeing things like 'All New: The...'

ridiculous.

Also looking through 9 pages of things requires about 100 presses of things. I've deleted most of them, and am cancelling my subscription.

Yes. I mainly record documentaries. So I'm seeing things like 'All New: The...'

ridiculous.

Also looking through 9 pages of things requires about 100 presses of things. I've deleted most of them, and am cancelling my subscription.

Just make sure if you go to a standard Youview service without the BT layer over it that it's not the same or very similar, I'm fairly sure the BT version is just a gently modified Youview GUI so you might have the exact same problems unless you move to Sky or Virgin.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/opinions/youview-next-generation-hands-on

As above! It's not BTs fault!

Just make sure if you go to a standard Youview service without the BT layer over it that it's not the same or very similar, I'm fairly sure the BT version is just a gently modified Youview GUI so you might have the exact same problems unless you move to Sky or Virgin.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/opinions/youview-next-generation-hands-on

As above! It's not BTs fault!

Virgin is not available to me, and when I looked at Sky, they also have this picture thumbnails thing now too. Although it shows more of the TV programme name on SKy.

No suggestions then really Ash. You might be out of the frying pan and into the fire.

No suggestions then really Ash. You might be out of the frying pan and into the fire.

Certainly looks like it sgt!

I'll probably buy one of those TV recording boxes. Hopefully they will be better. I don't watch much other than what is on freeview anyway. National Geographic for Air crash investigations is the only thing that springs to mind, and I think I seen all of them now.

Get yourself one of these: Panasonic HDD Recorder

Not only does it have a huge hard drive but you can also access the internet, either by wireless or Ethernet.

The best is that you can set it to record via Panasonic's remote recording service on your PC or their Media Centre App on tablets and smart phones.

Check the programmes on Radio Times online and set your recordings without leaving your chair. :thumbsup:

Get yourself one of these: Panasonic HDD Recorder

Not only does it have a huge hard drive but you can also access the internet, either by wireless or Ethernet.

The best is that you can set it to record via Panasonic's remote recording service on your PC or their Media Centre App on tablets and smart phones.

Check the programmes on Radio Times online and set your recordings without leaving your chair. :thumbsup:

Thanks for this post Max :)

Do you have experience with it?

The old Sagum one I had takes about 30 seconds to respond to each button press, and I don't want anything like that. If you have one and say it's good, I'm good to go on your word.

Thanks for this post Max :)

Do you have experience with it?

The old Sagum one I had takes about 30 seconds to respond to each button press, and I don't want anything like that. If you have one and say it's good, I'm good to go on your word.

It's not the cheapest but it does everything I want. You can set it to record from anywhere in the world as long as it's connected to your network. I've got one of those network extenders plugged into my router and the other one into the back of the HDD recorder so it's always connected. You can leave it to connect by wifi but in my house the router is 2 floors up and the other side of the house so the speed wasn't good.

Having said that, without any of the bells and whistles it would still do what I need. Plus, I can now record HD programs where I couldn't with my previous recorder.

The operating instructions are here: PDF which will give you a better idea of what it can do.

It's not the cheapest but it does everything I want. You can set it to record from anywhere in the world as long as it's connected to your network. I've got one of those network extenders plugged into my router and the other one into the back of the HDD recorder so it's always connected. You can leave it to connect by wifi but in my house the router is 2 floors up and the other side of the house so the speed wasn't good.

Having said that, without any of the bells and whistles it would still do what I need. Plus, I can now record HD programs where I couldn't with my previous recorder.

The operating instructions are here: PDF which will give you a better idea of what it can do.

Thanks again. That's enough for me.

I'll have to save up for it, but I don't mind paying for something decent when I use it a lot. This format on BT is probably ok for people who record things like Kyle or Eastenders type things, same things over and over.

I tend to record lots of different things and have a look through them and see what I fancy. I delete most after a few minutes after seeing the format*. The new update isn't designed for this type of use.

*most are deleted for being

:hihi: