Amey in Hillsborough

There were notices on our street from the weekend saying work was being carried out on our pavements from 5th April for two days. No vehicle parking allowed from 7am til 7pm. We had individual notices put through doors yesterday telling us work was to start today. There wasn't a car to be seen by 7am. I've been out most of today, when I came home at around 5pm, all the notices had gone, but no work has been done. We had the pavements scraped and a rough layer of grit laid a couple of weeks ago, and assumed the top layer would be laid today/tomorrow. I'll try and find out what the problem is via phone tomorrow.

However, I was wondering if this has happened elsewhere?

It has happened at some time across Sheffield ,the best I know of was the frostings at grenoside,the first signs were put up then taken down on the start day.It was over a month after when they actually did the job.

What roads are you talking about ?

Garry, Warner, Wynyard Road area. They changed the days before at short notice, but we hadn't had individual notices then.

Edited by Ms Macbeth

we have had a note through our door today to say they are resurfacing the pavements ( weather depending ) on the 24th April, ánd all cars need to be moved off the road (otherwise will be towed away). This in the Fielding road/Vere Road area . The note also says there will be signs put up a week before work begins.. We shall see !

Edited by small_hall

we have had a note through our door today to say they are resurfacing the pavements ( weather depending ) on the 24th April, ánd all cars need to be moved off the road (otherwise will be towed away). This in the Fielding road/Vere Road area . The note also says there will be signs put up a week before work begins.. We shall see !

Good luck! I rang Streets Ahead today, they said they need to give 5 days notice of work. They did that, put the necessary signs up, then did nothing on the days they should have. The pavements are a real mess at the moment and they could give no indication when they might be back.

From what i've witnessed they put signs up and then are late getting to the roads and part do the pavements before coming back weeks later to finish them off.... surely it's part of the plan, but I can't for the life of me work it out.

Ours in Crookes went up and back down again 3 times!

In one area of Burngreave they amended the dates at least four times without doing any work, during which time people were not able to park on their street or any of the surrounding streets

Private sector efficiency ist't working, it's a scam.

There were notices on our street from the weekend saying work was being carried out on our pavements from 5th April for two days. No vehicle parking allowed from 7am til 7pm. We had individual notices put through doors yesterday telling us work was to start today. There wasn't a car to be seen by 7am. I've been out most of today, when I came home at around 5pm, all the notices had gone, but no work has been done. We had the pavements scraped and a rough layer of grit laid a couple of weeks ago, and assumed the top layer would be laid today/tomorrow. I'll try and find out what the problem is via phone tomorrow.

However, I was wondering if this has happened elsewhere?

Planner1 will be along to tell you how difficult it is to plan more than a week ahead. Which explains why the notices are constantly wrong, everywhere!

I dont understand how Amey operate..:|Yesterday they had closed off parkside road ( near hillsborough park) to do resurfacing - ok - no issues there. If its down to be resurfaced then fine... There are signs up saying the road will be closed between 11th -18th april - and ok - bit of a pain but whatever....

Fast forward to this morning - Parkside Road is open again . First thought - great they have finished that quickly:hihi: - except they havent finished. They have done half the work and gone elsewhere ( or just fancied a day off) :loopy::suspect:. I cant understand WHY they havent just finished the job they started - especially as it looks like its almost finished anyway.. :gag: