Spital Hill CLOSED 21/06/2017 18:00

Wasn't a lad shot and killed outside the barbers on the coner a couple of years ago, drugs?

Wasn't a lad shot and killed outside the barbers on the coner a couple of years ago, drugs?

Yes and a lad was shot in a park not too far away but listening to people on here there's no problem in this area.

There is a pattern to happenings on Spital Hill over many years.

Just as there is a pattern to you asking for verification in every thing posted by virtually every one who has an opinion on any thing on these threads.

A pattern of asking for evidence to support assertions. Well, what a shocker that must be. :roll:

5 seconds on google shows me 3 murders that happened in Upperthorpe within the last decade. Is that a pattern, is it a problem area? I think the murderers might have all been white working class though, awkward, nobody can blame race or demand that they or their parents be deported.

Edited by Cyclone

And an isolated incident proves a pattern...

Can you identify a postcode close to the city where someone wasn't murdered in the last 50 years? I seriously doubt it.

Are you saying that crime does not markedly differ in different post codes. I think not, but you did infer that! Insurance companies certainly weight different areas of the country depending on the level of crime.

There was a 'traveler' who was murdered in Donkeymans too.

Edited by Flanker7

9 years ago - Tarek Chaiboub. And the lad shot in the park - Jonathan Matondo - 10 years ago.

I'm not sure how drug related those murders were to be honest, but I suspect they were a factor because that's usually where guns come in. While ever there are the huge sums of money to be made, tax free, from the drugs trade there will always be these kinds of problems. Some people like to look at Spital Hill as if it proves something about Burngreave as a whole, and there is often a hint of rejoicing that it has happened again and other agendas pushed. Just remember that the police are doing you all a favour by failing to deal with it properly, because the best that the people local to Spital Hill can hope for is that the police move the problem on to another neighbourhood - maybe yours - because without changes to drugs policy the problem cannot be stopped.

Where are the parents while their kids are out playing fake gangsters? Fighting over postcodes etc, beyond me, it's got to come down to what guidance they've been given

9 years ago - Tarek Chaiboub. And the lad shot in the park - Jonathan Matondo - 10 years ago.

I'm not sure how drug related those murders were to be honest, but I suspect they were a factor because that's usually where guns come in. While ever there are the huge sums of money to be made, tax free, from the drugs trade there will always be these kinds of problems. Some people like to look at Spital Hill as if it proves something about Burngreave as a whole, and there is often a hint of rejoicing that it has happened again and other agendas pushed. Just remember that the police are doing you all a favour by failing to deal with it properly, because the best that the people local to Spital Hill can hope for is that the police move the problem on to another neighbourhood - maybe yours - because without changes to drugs policy the problem cannot be stopped.

Spital hill may look run down but it isn't the problem area many forumers are drooling to make it look like.

Most sheffielders I know don't live in reality, Sheffield is one tiny little city in a big world full of dangerous places. You make a list of this worlds 1000 most dangerous places and Sheffield or any of its areas will not be on it.

Spital hill may look run down but it isn't the problem area many forumers are drooling to make it look like.

Most sheffielders I know don't live in reality, Sheffield is one tiny little city in a big world full of dangerous places. You make a list of this worlds 1000 most dangerous places and Sheffield or any of its areas will not be on it.

That's not very reassuring, to be honest. I don't like the idea that we shouldn't worry or care just because it's even worse somewhere else. We should always aim for better.

That's not very reassuring, to be honest. I don't like the idea that we shouldn't worry or care just because it's even worse somewhere else. We should always aim for better.

Worrying is not caring, they are counterproductive. Now all these sheffielders are angry with me cause I simply reminded them the reality that spital hill is not really what they want to make it look like.

You will never ever see a Sheffield gangster movie, full monty is all you get.

Are you saying that crime does not markedly differ in different post codes. I think not, but you did infer that! Insurance companies certainly weight different areas of the country depending on the level of crime.

There was a 'traveler' who was murdered in Donkeymans too.

No, I wasn't saying that, I was asking what the anecdote about a murder 50 years ago on Spittal Hill was supposed to prove.

If you'd like to find the deprivation index for Spital Hill I think you'll find that it's pretty similar to many areas on that side of the city centre. You can probably find the crime map that the police publish as well and then see whether it's a particular hotspot or not.

No, I wasn't saying that, I was asking what the anecdote about a murder 50 years ago on Spittal Hill was supposed to prove.

If you'd like to find the deprivation index for Spital Hill I think you'll find that it's pretty similar to many areas on that side of the city centre. You can probably find the crime map that the police publish as well and then see whether it's a particular hotspot or not.

We are talking about gun crime so don't dissemble with the 'deprivation' red herring.

Look at this 1,2,3, of gun crime in Sheffield, as per a sensationalist article from 'The Star' :-

Burngreave = 103

City Centre = 72

Southey = 63

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/crime/sheffield-s-top-gun-crime-hotspots-exposed-1-7145816

Worrying is not caring, they are counterproductive. Now all these sheffielders are angry with me cause I simply reminded them the reality that spital hill is not really what they want to make it look like.

You will never ever see a Sheffield gangster movie, full monty is all you get.

There is a Sheffield gang wars film.

presented by Martin Kemp.

Edited by samssong