Sheaf Street Closed 24th June

It's closed at Hamer Lane by the Police, looks like the crossing outside the train station is taped off. Don't know what's happened.

Just be aware as it will cause traffic jams...

Closed due to a RTA.

Anyone know if it's reopened?

Yup it has reopened.

Closed due to a RTA.

Don't think it was as there were no ambulances or damaged vehicles. A police officer said they were "testing the road surface". An unmarked police car then kept going up and down from the crossing at the bottom of the water wall to the crossing at top end as if it really was testing the road surface. The surface looked no different to usual so what they were testing for I couldn't say.

Don't think it was as there were no ambulances or damaged vehicles. A police officer said they were "testing the road surface". An unmarked police car then kept going up and down from the crossing at the bottom of the water wall to the crossing at top end as if it really was testing the road surface. The surface looked no different to usual so what they were testing for I couldn't say.

I had spoken to the police officer at the crossing who said it was an RTA. And a woman getting knocked over by a car is a RTA.

Must have been testing the skid resistance of that stretch of tarmac that was relevant to the accident.

Traffic was using it northwards from the Station towards Park Square by about 5pm, but it was still closed southwards from Park Square towards the Station.