The Hop, West One

Reet Ale Pubs have gone into liquidation - as far as anyone can make out due to the losses at the Punch Bowl.

Blue Bee Brewery not affected.

Punch Bowl is re-opening on 26th April

The HOP has reopened as OHM, should have been BRO (bloody rip off), £5 a pint of beer & £5 a pint of coke cola

1st & last time I'll be in there :mad:

I went in last Friday, first and last time. How can thy justify £5 a pint, it wasn't even nice.

I told you there'd be resistance.

I suppose if it was some very special beer then £5 a pint might be justifiable in some cases. But a fiver for a pint of fizzy pop is not only an insult, it's rather foolish I would think.

Hmmm, I didn't realise, could have gone in Friday. I'll try it sometime in the next month, I don't mind expensive beer if it's good.

Went in last night was empty, expensive and no alcohol free beer.

The place got a very positive review in the Star recently, and said it was good value and service.

We ate here last week and was really impressed with the food.

Cocktails 2-4-1 early on and was quite busy for an early Thursday evening.

I couldn't agree with you more there used to be a brilliant route with great pubs and a varied selection of beers.

Hope and Anchor was doomed from the start as when it was the Anchorage it's bar offering was what brought people in, clearly the Anchorage wasn't doing well but to remove its main positive was a mistake. The Wick has also gone a bit westward as the last time we went in the had ran out of most things and half the cocktails couldn't be made and the beer was non existent.

The Hop should have worked but the beer could be inconsistent and as you say the food wasn't as good as other places.

How Brewdog survives is beyond me as it gets worse and worse.

Dada got greedy moving away from guest beers to overpriced Thornbridge beers that you get cheaper at The Bath

The Bath is a great pub but as they don't have a large selection most of which is standard Thornbridge it is a bit isolated.

In general Sheffield seems to have taken a nose dive, The Head of Steam is so inconsistent it's unreal and they've got rid of the BBQ food which was decent.

I've not been in The Rutland in ages after a few bad experiences with food, poor beers and staff which is a shame as it was always my favourite place in Sheffield.

The Shakey just seems to be a shadow of its former self and the new place across the road doesn't seem to offer enough.

As you say Leeds, Manchester even Nottingham can support some really decent places but we can't.

The cool independents in the likes of Leeds come and go as well. That's why there's always something new opening up. Otherwise every other property would be a bar/cafe/restaurant.