Beggars, homeless, street drinkers & drug users in Sheffield!

The latest craze is having a paper drink cup

There was 2 on Fargate,the woman looked awfull and frightening.

The latest craze is having a paper drink cup

in town the other day and a curly haired youth (about 20ish) put a paper cup under my nose and asked for money for the homeless , I declined . this was on fargate , I later saw him on Norfolk st . I think he was doing the round walk of fargate, high st , Norfolk st and back to top of fargate .

in town the other day and a curly haired youth (about 20ish) put a paper cup under my nose and asked for money for the homeless , I declined . this was on fargate , I later saw him on Norfolk st . I think he was doing the round walk of fargate, high st , Norfolk st and back to top of fargate .

I've seen this kid too. He's clearly suffering and in a bad way and it's an absolute tragedy that society is unwilling to park their prejudices to one side and heed the call of medical science.

friday night about 11.55pm we left the head of steam 4 of us 2 of the girls went to the cash point at halifax on surrey street a homeless guy came up asking for a meal . but more worringley was his mate walking just behind him my wife was at the cash point i was five metres in front the guy held back and waited for my wife at the cash point luckily i saw this ran back and the guy went on his way meeting up with his homeless mate . whether if she was on her own he would have tried something im not sure .

I've seen this kid too. He's clearly suffering and in a bad way and it's an absolute tragedy that society is unwilling to park their prejudices to one side and heed the call of medical science.

Do you know if anyone is offering him support? He sounds like he needs help, but perhaps needs pointing to the right agencies.

Great post by Paula. I live in the City Centre and work with the Residents Action Group. One of our members works with vulnerable people, and gives exactly the same advice. Don't give the beggars money, most of them are not homeless, and some are actually being pimped. i.e.. A Gangmaster for want of a better word, collects their takings at the end of the day and gives them back a percentage. Give to charities and organisations which help vulnerable people. And please try and educate students, it's the reason so many beggars are around the universities. This is a good page to go to for advice on how to help http://www.helpushelp.uk

Really helpful information in the link Chris. I'm pleased to see all the organisations and agencies seem to be working together.

A beggar sits outside Aldi right at the side of the shopping trolleys. He is waiting for the pound coin from the trolley when it is taken back. !

seen this myself ,are they really that much in need or just using cash for beer/drugs

that's always in my mind

There's an oldish lady sits outside Tesco on Spital Hill. I've never seen her actively begging, nor have I seen anyone approach her. She just sits there, very sad.

There is someone outside the big Tesco on Savile Street. Why would smeone sit there on a busy (with vehicles), if they are homeless, why be there? Beggars should be removed from the streets, as it is an illegal activity.

The authorities clearly need to do more, and if they need the financing, it needs be found.