Derelict House on Hallamshire Road S10

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.367254,-1.5528147,3a,26.6y,153.44h,88.54t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s0w3pRQVE7wndnH4MJJ31Lg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

I also know who lives (lived?) here but I have not seen her for ages ...

It has always been run down , but got considerably worse in the last couple of years. Her sons moved away and she appears not to be there at the moment...

It might look horrible , but at least it is quiet. When she was there with the sons , it tended to attract a right bunch of ne'er do wells ...

The house was sold recently to a property developer and is being refurbished ... thank God!

so a happy ending then,empty awful house will soon be lived in and look good

Good news. Near where I live there was a house which looked abandoned and it was owned by a man who had had a small fire. Instead of sorting it out he locked it all up got a window boarded up and moved to another job in Manchester. He hardly ever returned to the house.

As a consequence, the good house opposite had owners that wanted to sell and move upmarket. They failed to sell their house for a couple of years with several sales falling though.

Eventually they got the council to trace the owner and threaten a compulsory purchase order or something. There is a new law which helps out in this situation. The house got improved and the people opposite sold theirs. However the abandoned house still hasn't got anyone living in it and I expect it will deteriorate again.