Walking boots advice

After recommendations for a mid price range boot.

I don't do anything really taxing, wanderings in the Peak District and the Quantocks in Somerset, apart from that daily dog walks of up to about 6/7 miles.

What's the best shop in Sheffield area these days for advice and customer service

Foothills, best place by miles. I recommend you go along, and first buy new socks there, then get one of the experts to find a pair of boots, or approach shoes, that really fit.

Another recommendation for Foothills.

There's also CCC - Go Outdoors down near Bramall Lane, but Foothills is better.

I would also give foothills the thumbs up I got my walking boots and socks from there . Really helpful and friendly staff :)

Thanks for the replies everybody, any opinions on Blacks at Meadowhall for service etc.

They seem to have some good prices on Hi tech and Peter Storm boots

Ended up with a pair of Hi Tek Eurotrek from Blacks, seem to be OK for what I need

Where is foothills? I need some walking boots or shoes. I only usually use them on paths for dog walking. I have a broad foot so need either a generous fitting or a boys / mans shoe. I only take a size five or six, depending on the fitting.

Where is foothills? I need some walking boots or shoes. I only usually use them on paths for dog walking. I have a broad foot so need either a generous fitting or a boys / mans shoe. I only take a size five or six, depending on the fitting.

Near the bottom of Edgedale Road off Abbeydale Road. See here.