R.I.P Frankie Paul

. Great vocalist and very popular on London pirate stations in the 80s. Was he really ony 52!

. Great vocalist and very popular on London pirate stations in the 80s. Was he really ony 52!

seems to have been going forever lol

Was he really ony 52!

'Fraid so. He'd been in poor health for some years and had a leg amputated last year. Medical bills were hammering his family. Great voice, prolific artist. I met him in London back in 1986. R.I.P.

Worries in the Dance

Shub In

Alesha

Gun Shot

A good selection of tracks, shims.

One of my

. Somewhere, I have a tape recording from radio (if I could only find it) of Prince Jazzbo ad lib toasting over it, during a live interview. Edited by horribleblob

One of my

. Somewhere, I have a tape recording from radio (if I could only find it) of Prince Jazzbo ad lib toasting over it, during a live interview.

That's interesting. There is a DJ cut of the riddim on Jazzbo's label but he doesn't seem to have recorded himself on it.

Screechie Trouper - Pray To Jah Jah

---------- Post added 22-05-2017 at 17:24 ----------

Also Johnny Clarke revisted his cover of Little Anthony & the Imperials' "Tears On My Pillow" on the same riddim...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6TKaZN09Sce

...which he'd previously recorded for Bunny Lee around 1974. (I have the Bunny Lee production on the ''Don't Trouble Trouble'' compilation). Can't find it online but here's its dub...

The Aggrovators - Dub on My Pillow

---------- Post added 22-05-2017 at 17:29 ----------

One of my

. Somewhere, I have a tape recording from radio (if I could only find it) of Prince Jazzbo ad lib toasting over it, during a live interview.

I used to feel that tapes were expensive enough and I recorded tracks off radio shows instead of the whole programme. There are some things I wish I had the full recording of now!

Now, a bit of software will do it for us...