Old (bus) Inspectors in Sheffield

any old bus inspectors from sheffield

any old bus inspectors from sheffield

I used to work with a Reg Gutteridge whi was an ex-inspector if that helps

Hey! less of the "old" ha! ha! I think I fall into this catagory, Malcolm Smith, first with STD, then all the other combinations up to 1997 when I took early retirement. Living the life of Riley now in Scarborough!

my dad was an inspector around the 1980's his names phil dickens

My Uncle was a tram and then bus inspector in the 70's- Joe Birks.

Hi folks - I remember Malc. very well (Flat Street and 'C.B.S.'); and locket.................... Your Dad was my conductor and good friend.....

guess who??

hi pensionipper are you don baker??

I remember Joe Birks very well when I first went bus driving in the 70's, a bit of a character, Barry Parkin was of my era, sad to hear he is no longer with us, living now in Scarborough I tend not to keep in touch with news.

I do know, that contrary to rumours that went around, Maurice Ibbottson is still with us and living at Wisewood.

Hi locket - right first time. Along with Dave Gill we all went to Granville College for qualifications (Dave now lives in Zimbabwe). When Phil and I enrolled as mature students we had to wait in a long, winding queue with all the other students. Phil said: 'do you realise we are the oldest in this room?' My reply was: 'do you realise that I am a year older than you?'

little malc - thanks for the news of Maurice, I will let Dave Gill know - I hope the shock doesn't cause him to break one of those glasses..... Nice to hear something other than: "Guess who's died" for a change.

Must give Phil a ring.

Good to know some of us are still alive Don! Terry Conley actually bought our house when we moved to Scarborough, he is struggling on under First Bus, which does not sound like the sort of firm I would like to work for.

Just to put a smile on your face, I still have in use some of those "glasses" wow!!

We certainly had some fun times as well as the dross, but these retirement hours take some beating!

Hi Malc - Terry is a genuine guy and, like many others at 'First' deserve better. Those past a certain age are just hanging on for the pension, and after drawing it since 1994 I can't blame them (I took early retirement then and did the same job until 1998 when I returned to my old job as gas service engineer, which I had never really given up). Like yourself I am now enjoying what we worked all those years for and have holidays, do decorating, have holidays, do gardening and have holidays, in that order. We saw the best times 'on the buses'. - Those glasses must have been real quality as they stood the test of time!!