Any Housley Or Houseleys Out There?

Researching all Yorkshire Housley Houseley Howsley, are there any out there.

Edited by nikki-red

hi. Im a Housley! I don't know what you want to no about us all, but i'll do my best to let you know what i know.

blade 69 have sent you a pm

I have most Housleys up to 1900 i'm trying to piece the modern Housleys back to them

Have you ever read a book called Buffers and Grinders by Bert Housley? I think there is one in the central library local history section.

the production director where i work his surname is housley.

I have Housley family history back to 1680's, for most Yorkshire born Howsley Housley Houseley will exchange information.

My GtUncle was John Vincent Nolan, his daughter Mary married Frederick Joseph Housley on 1st September 1942, he was 23 years old,& was a clerk in the steelworks,& lived at 69 fircroft avenue.His fathers name was Frederick James Housley,occupation was an electrician.Does any one know if these people are still around, or did they have any family. i have been trying to trace them for several years.As i live in Ireland now,it is very difficult.

Hi Retep.

I have Housley family history back to 1680's, for most Yorkshire born Howsley Housley Houseley will exchange information.

I am in contact with Herbert Housley who wrote the book Back to the Grindstone...His father was a "Little Mester" and Herbert continued with the firm after his fathers death.

Herbert is researching his family history, with my help.

If you want to contact him I'll email him and ask if it is OK to give you his email address.

His brother Charles died whilst a Japanese P.O.W.

Kind Regards

Tuppie

My mother use to work at G.B.Housley Scrap metal on Effingham Road. George Bernard Housley(I Think )was the father. He had three sons Terrance who died some years back. The other two still run the business, Raymond and Stephen.

My GtUncle was John Vincent Nolan, his daughter Mary married Frederick Joseph Housley on 1st September 1942, he was 23 years old,& was a clerk in the steelworks,& lived at 69 fircroft avenue.His fathers name was Frederick James Housley,occupation was an electrician.Does any one know if these people are still around, or did they have any family. i have been trying to trace them for several years.As i live in Ireland now,it is very difficult.

I think I have the Housley family going back from Frederick James.

Frederick J was still at 69 Fircroft in 1968

I knew a Karen and Anthony housley when i lived at heeley many years ago.

knew an anne housley,she lived off city road, st aidens area i think ,that was in the late 60,s