Did you work at Jacobs Manufacturing Troutbeck Rd

Hi,

Anyone out there that used to work @ Jacobs Manufacturing, making drill chucks, I was there from 87 to 95. I started as an assembler & then went onto the multi spindle autos, then ended up on the RCA.

If you worked there you'll understand what I am on about, saw some pictures other day of how it looks now it is sad to see how it ended up.

Had some good memories there and some good laughs, there were some right characters, not going to name them just yet but had some laughs as I say. Be nice to hear if anyone out there, just wanted to reminiss.:)

Edited by Bypassblade

Hello

I didn't work at jacobs but I am working on the redevelopment of the site and would like a chat.

Come back soonest

Hi Br, what are the plans for the old site?

Hello,

Current proposal is for a set of various sheltered accommodation. I'm looking for someone who worked at the site in the last years of operation.

Hello,

Current proposal is for a set of various sheltered accommodation. I'm looking for someone who worked at the site in the last years of operation.

Hello i worked there from 1983 to 1996 finished up as a cell setter on hand tite chucks

I worked there from August 1985 to September 1989, as an apprentice in the tool room. Vivid memories from formative years. Are there anymore survivors out there?

worked there between 89 until closing. I remember the poster well .worked on the autos with him.: