Dagnam Road Sheffield 2, History

I doubt that I live in your Uncles old house, as the gent who passed away whilst sat in his chair in the front room passed around 2001, the only name I can remember is that he was called Malcom, I am still researching, as I find it eerily interesting

I will try and find out the house number.

Probably a million miles off, but the numbers between 80-90+ are rattling around my daft head??

Maybe someone else on here knew my uncle around the 80s off Dagnam Road?

I will try and find out the house number.

Probably a million miles off, but the numbers between 80-90+ are rattling around my daft head??

Maybe someone else on here knew my uncle around the 80s off Dagnam Road?

I knew Henry very well he lived at 105 dagnam rd I knew most of yr family reg, rita had a daughter can't remember her name but the son was called neil I knew Henry's mother she lived on Westbury St off Stainforth rd

---------- Post added 17-11-2015 at 19:37 ----------

I knew Henry very well he lived at 105 dagnam rd I knew most of yr family reg, rita had a daughter can't remember her name but the son was called neil I knew Henry's mother she lived on Westbury St off Stainforth rd

Just remembered rita,s daughter name I'm almost certain it was Marie they lived in think it was Kimberworth nr rotherham me and Henry used to go to rita,s quite a lot can't remember Henry's sister's name but used to see her when she used to come to Henry's mother she lived at 36 Westbury St this has brought memories back he did work on the buns but before that he worked for metal &plant nr Tinsley he was known as garth cause he was built like a tank and frightened of nothing and no one I have lots of stories we had some good times

---------- Post added 17-11-2015 at 19:48 ----------

Just remembered rita,s daughter name I'm almost certain it was Marie they lived in think it was Kimberworth nr rotherham me and Henry used to go to rita,s quite a lot can't remember Henry's sister's name but used to see her when she used to come to Henry's mother she lived at 36 Westbury St this has brought memories back he did work on the buns but before that he worked for metal &plant nr Tinsley he was known as garth cause he was built like a tank and frightened of nothing and no one I have lots of stories we had some good times

My grandparents lived at number 105 for years, Grandfather was called John Henry Rollins, Grandma was called Flo, They both passed away years ago though..

Biggsy..

My grandparents lived at number 105 for years, Grandfather was called John Henry Rollins, Grandma was called Flo, They both passed away years ago though..

Biggsy..

think it was 1979 Henry moved to 105 dagnam rd

enjoyed reading this.My name is Neil and Henry was My Uncle.I hope popsi3 can tell me a few tales about Henry.I heard he was a tough guy.I remember he used to come to My Mums(Rita).He parked his lorry there and used to sit in our kitchen.His hands were massive and he swore alot bit I liked him.

Hi Neil I used to come to yr mums as well with Henry u were just a baby a very big baby u were ginormous how's yr mum hope she's well and yr sister Marie you used to live at Kimberworth nr rotherham think yr dad was called David but not sure .I lived with Henry for a few yrs then went to Birmingham but always called to see Henry when I was in sheffield visiting my family he'd got married to a girl called Carmen , she left him for another bloke so he was on his own he came down to Birmingham for a few days with me and stayed then he went back carried on visiting him when I was up that way the last time I went was told he had died was so upset he was a diamond great bloke I'd love to know where he's buried as I'd go and pay my respects he was a good friend I'm living back in sheffield now if you need to know anything just drop me a line.x

thanks for your repley.I will try and send you a private Email.My Mum and Dad are well and in good health.Whats your name if u dont mind me asking

Hi Neil my names June yr mum will probably remember me

Thanks June:love:):)

---------- Post added 27-11-2015 at 16:57 ----------

Hi Neil my names June yr mum will probably remember me
. Hello love.I have been trying to send you a private message on here but its abit difficult.Would you please send me an email to [email protected] would love to here your stories concerning My uncle Henry

---------- Post added 27-11-2015 at 17:00 ----------

. Hello love.I have been trying to send you a private message on here but its abit difficult.Would you please send me an email to [email protected] love to here your stories concerning My uncle Henry:hihi::help: Edited by 007111
Strong email

Hi Neil sorry didn't get back to you had problem with fone changed my fone and couldn't get no ported across till today

think it was 1979 Henry moved to 105 dagnam rd

My grandad died in 1974, I think my grandmother moved out not long after to live with my aunty :thumbsup:

Their next door neighbours were the Moony's, I can vaguely recall Margaret Moony, She was older than me and had curly ginger hair, I can also remember the Callagans who lived across the road, Kath and Eva, Kath had a sister but I can't remember her name now but she had lots of animals!!

Biggsy :)

We Have lived on Dagnam Road for about 10 years, and i am very interested in the social history of the area that i now call home. Up to now i have spoken to a few people who have told me that the house that i live in has had 2 people pass away, 1 in the living room, & 1 in the bedroom. I have also managed to speak to one of the original builders of the property that i now reside, who was shocked to see that very little had been done to the property that was built in 1936, only in the last year or so has any refurbishment work been carried out. Personally i love the place, with newer families moving in all the time i wondered if people had an interest as to the people who may have lived there previously, & will there be any skeletons unearthed in the old cupboards.

sorry to revive an old thread, just curious to know what number you live/lived at if you're still on Dagnam? We live on the eastbank road end for 20+ years.