Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

Assasins Creed - 5/10

A nice jumpy-chasy-fighty scene halfway in but that's about it.

Patriot's Day - 7/10 - Didn't really expect to like this one but it moves at a cracking pace and shows a truly tragic event.

Money train, smiles and harellson, got terrible reviews but always enjoyed it

Baby Driver

Went to see this as an 'everything else on show sounds worse' option, whilst Miss L00b went to see Pirates 5 with friends. Solid enjoyable start (basically, the trailer, if you've seen it), running severely out of puff mid-stream with very predictable plot lines, with Kevin Spacey in forgettable, by-the-numbers role. Good soundtrack though.

6 (+0.5 for the '06 Impreza chase scenes, as a personal nostalgia factor...I really miss mine :()

The Boy - watched purely as Maggie from Walking Dead was in it. 5.5/10, couple of jumpy bits but not much more.

Steve Jobs - 5/10 - Danny Boyle directs a portion of the controversial life of the Apple CEO, whilst its not a terrible films its not particularly exciting.

---------- Post added 14-07-2017 at 23:10 ----------

The Visit - 6.5/10 - Found footage of sorts from M. Night Shyamalan who's career took a nose dive after great early promise.

---------- Post added 16-07-2017 at 22:27 ----------

The Devil Rides Out - 6/10 - Pretty good Hammer horror with the excellent Christopher Lee as the good guy for once.

30 Seconds Or Less - 5.5/10 - A pizza delivery driver has a bomb strapped to him and has 10hrs to rob a bank before its detonated, an action/comedy with little of either.

Alien: Covenant - 5/10 - Really looking forward to this and found it very disappointing, the first two films in the franchise are bona fide classics, quite simple but classic, why Ridley Scott felt the need to go too deep with this and Prometheus I'll never know, poor characters and dreadful CGI ruin the film. The worst in the Alien series.

Deepwater Horizon - 7/10 - Disaster movie based on a true story and directed by Peter Berg, maybe a little short but the actual disaster scenes are very well done and quite intense.

Edited by top4718

Okja 9/10

Amazing film. Funny, sad (I cried), slightly disturbing and real food for thought, which is the whole point.

Although the film is based around a giant CGI hippo-like 'super-pig' its definitely not for children.

Accidental Hero, 1992.

Comedy where Dustin Hoffman plays a crook who stumbles upon a plane crash and rescues Geena Davis from the wreckage, but Andy Garcia (fellow bum) takes the credit. Great supporting role from Chevy Chase who really hams up the role of a TV station boss.

7/10

Beauty and the Beast (2017) - 8/10

It's a musical so if that's not your thing then you aren't going to enjoy it simply put, but if you do have a bit of a soft spot for them this is lovely, light hearted and very well done. My only main complaint is that Emma Watsons voice sounds incredibly autotuned compared to all the other characters.

Girl on the train, 10/10

I'm surprised you gave it full marks, I thought it was universally panned considering the way they butchered the half decent book.

I'm surprised you gave it full marks, I thought it was universally panned considering the way they butchered the half decent book.

Didn't have the book to compare to, book worth a read then?