Dogs and fox ..erm..

Its just foul isn't it? and they really really love it, I have seen special fox poo shampoo online and at my local pet shop, some say to wipe off what you can then rub in ketchup (no not kidding) allow to soak for a few mins then wash and shampoo as usual, apparently it stops the lingering pong...not tried it myself but lots say its good.

Hi i know it sounds stupid but a friend of mine told me about this and i can confirm it works .

Never bathe dog in anything with any fragrance.

Dogs hate it and will roll in all sorts to get rid of that smell as soon as they can.

Hard soap was best for my dogs.

Dogs roll to put their scent down and oick up other scent. If something else has left their scent the dog will roll to claim it as their territory and take info back to the pack.

We only have a dog and a bitch now but for years had two other dogs and a different bitch. It was funny to watch one of them have a poo or a wee as they would follow each other around scenting where the other had just been.

Rolling around on their backs also transfers scent, as does 'wiping their feet' on the ground.

Four of our five dogs have been / are dominant so they wouldn't roll in another dog (or fox) scent, they would put their scent over it.

Look up dogs or fox rolling and scent.

I'll never forget trying to stop my boyfriends mastiff x rottweiler trying to roll around in sheep poo!

Both my dogs do this all the time, so frustrating. Douse them in dog shampoo but there is always a air of fox for a few hours after.