Rspca place just off Shalesmoor-still there or closed?

Does anyone know if the RSPCA place is still in existence at the start of Shalesmoor? It was sort of where the Wicker ends and Penistone road begins, but on the back streets behind the buildings that are actually on Shalesmoor.

Spring Street Kennels are still there but are now used by Sheffield City Council dog warden service. It's where strays are housed until their future is decided or their owners collect them.

ok Mike, thanks.

I`ve phoned them and was surprised to learn that they don`t allow the dogs to be taken out for a walk because of diseases. This explanation sounded a bit odd to me, but I know very little about the subject. I got the lady on the phone to expand a bit on this. She said that “the dogs have had injections, and if they go outside of the kennels they have to be injected again”.

I thought that the idea of the injection would make it ok for them to go outside of the kennels, at least once the anti-bodies had built up. I know that puppies have to stay inside and away from other dogs for a period of time following the injections, or at least that is how things used to be years ago.

I`m sure there will be people on here who know much more about the subject than I do, and can expand on this and how it works.

Edited by Janus
Additional information

I think she means they start the vaccine course again so all dogs have their first injection. A new owner is expected to get the 2nd injection done. Normally you are advised not to walk a dog til after the 2nd injection