Photograph argument

My partner and I have separated. She has given permission for pictures of our children to be used on a website. Is there any way I can have these pictures legally removed from the site?

Have you contacted the people that run the website concerned and told them?

There is usually a contact address on most web sites.

Or have you tried that and they've refused, because they have her pemission?

Not usually - the owner of a photograph is free to do whatever they like, regardless of who appears in it. Although this might not apply if the website is using it for commercial reasons.

However, as it involves a child, you can try to contact the owner of the website and ask them to remove it - most people would happily do that if you ask. Just be aware that they don't have to, so try sending a polite and courteous email.

were you married? if you were then you have the same rights to the photo's as her, if you weren't married, but have parental rights then you still have the same rights as her but you'd have to go to court to get her to take them off the site.

My niece has gone through the same thing, he put photo's up on a well know site, and she went to court to get them taken off, as they weren't married.

Most sites if threatened with court action will back down as it costs them more hassle than it's worth for then.

good luck with it and don't back down over it

They refuse cos they have her permission.

What kind of website is it? Eg A commercail site, photography site, photo sharing site...

I am not going to put much info on here as the site owner probably comes here and reports back to my ex - lol.

Thanks for your replies. I am not happy about the pictures being up there but hey ho!

I had a problem like this, except it was photos of me being put online without my permission. Unfortunately it seems that the person who took the photo owns the copyright and has the right to use them with or without the subject's consent.

Although, if you took the photos, you could/would be within your rights to get them taken off, I think. But you might have to take her to court rather than the site to have the removed, I'm not sure.

seen as you havnt hinted at anything remotly dodgy about the site in question

STOP USING YOUR KIDS AS PAWNS. She`ll be on here next moaning about something you`ve done.

non intended.

You are occassionally a bit slow saxondale - because if I made any remarks about the site without a great deal of proof - then I could be in trouble, and even if I did have that proof this would not be the place to post it, nor would sheffield forum mods allow it - so why don't you just shut up?

The kids know nothing about this so how does it affect them? I have only just found the pics and they were put on the site before me and my partner split up - so neither of us is using the kids. I would not have agreed to the photos being up there even when we were together, had I known about it.

As you know nothing about us or our relationship stop making assumptions and casting accusations.

Sheesh!

I can't give you a definitive answer to your question (sorry!), but I'm curious and can't help myself but ask, what harm it does the pics being online?

It is personal between me and the site owner. Lets just say that the idea of him having pics of my kids is not something that sits very well with me at all. I do not mind pictures such as those he has being on display - just not on his site. Draw your own conclusions, but this should indicate that I am not wanting to use the kids as any kind of weapon against my ex.