Any Regrets?? If you hadn't long to live?

..........No longer a forum member

Edited by evolution200

My major regret was not having got myself together to do EVERYTHING (and I really do mean everything) before I was diagnosed. Suddenly even all of the things that I'd not been bothered about before became really important not to miss, like I needed to hear every sound and see every sight to make my life 'complete' before I went.

I'm in the amazing position of getting better from that position, so I now have to remember how special each day is :)

No. No regrets. Some sadness about what has passed but such is the way of memory, and even then - our minds are such that even our memories are suspect. Apparently it is rare that anything you remember is actually an accurate and true memory. So no. None. Without the things of the past I would not have become the person I am now.

Dont dwell on regrets, we all reminice about the past, but its made us what we are now.

I would, like most people I suspect, have changed something in my past. But would it really have made things that much better? That's something we can never know.

So regrets are a waste of time.

There are a few things that I regret, but nothing that I need to forget.

For which I'm just about glad.

I guess the decisions we made in the past and that we regret now were the right decisions at the time.

..........No longer a forum member

Edited by evolution200

Its never too late to say sorry for hurting someone, it might not make things right but you can try.

We all find ourselves hurting people in one way or another. The thing is that those things happened and without them you would be someone else. They had to happen, and though you may not be happy about it you have to learn to live with it ... or not. Every moment is worth the experience. Regrets I should have in plenty - for the people I have hurt; for the things I said and should not have; for the things I did not say that I should; for all the wrongs in the world and the sadness and the heartache.

You have to move on. Most of the people you feel regrets about have probably already moved on and let the past rest. To live with regrets is not to learn by your mistakes but to keep reliving them. Move on and try to make room for fewer regrets when the future becomes history.

I would mostly regret not having long left to live.

Id probably regret being too scared to fly any distance further than 4 hours, which has stopped me visting some great places that i know ill never get to see.

Probably regret my career choice too.