British Legion accepts BNP gift

It's an organistion which supported those injured fighting fascism taking money from fascists.

What's the problem? :|

The British Legion should put a different spin on this. 'We tricked fascists into giving us money! The fight goes on, Hurrah!'

i would have thought that any donation would be welcome regardless of where it is from.

people need to begin to realise that the BNP are a political party with growing numbers everyday and no matter how abbhorent that may seem it is the truth.

they deserve the same democracy as any other legitimate pary.

well done BNP for donating to a worthy cause

If you read the article it would seem that the Legion have a problem not with the donation but with the BNP splashing all over their website that they support the British Legion and advertising that they have donated money, thus implying a link between the two organisations.

It is indeed a worthy casue, but rather tricky for the British Legion. I think BoyFriday has a cracking idea.

it just goes to show the BNP cant be all that bad

My thoughts are the following:-

Sadly we are seeing hundreds of ex-service personel both men and women attending BNP meetings and rallies up and down the country.

Surely these brave people who fought in the war must know exactly what the BNP stand for, they are far from senile.

If the other three main parties had looked after our ex service men and women alot better and given them the support and respect that they deserve, I'm sure many would not be in favour of supporting the BNP.

However the BNP seem to shown far more respect for our armed services and those who served our country, more so than any other political party.

It is the ex-service men and women who have now placed immense pressure upon the British Legion to accept this money.

Its hard to accept but like it or not I'm afraid this is whats happening.

Take care

Edited by Joe-Public
Spelling

My thoughts are the following:-

Sadly we are seeing hundreds of ex-service personal both men and women attending BNP meetings and rallies up and down the country.

Surely these brave people who fought in the war must know exactly what the BNP stand for, they are far from senile.

If the other three main parties had looked after our ex service men and women alot better and given them the support and respect that they deserve, I'm sure many would not be in favour of supporting the BNP.

However the BNP seem to shown far more respect for our armed services and those who served our country, more so than any other political party.

It is the ex-service personal who have now placed immense pressure upon the British Legion to accept this money.

Its hard to accept but like it or not I'm afraid this is whats happening.

Take care

PV welcome back, Hail Hitler what's this claptrap you've just posted?

Can we have some evidence of these 'hundreds of ex servicemen' attending nazi meetings?

Edited by wednesday1