Getting rid of Wasp nests?

Hi, I seem to have a wasps nest in my garden, under the grass (they seem to have dug a nice hole for themselves!)

Any ideas how I get rid of it please?

Wait until just before dusk, and dust liberally with a flying insect powder. The wasps all come in for for the night and take it into the nest with them. I had one in my airbrick, called out the council, and the guy was great, told me what to do, how to do it and never charged me a penny.

Ew that would be my worst nightmare. I hate wasps :o)

ah cool, thanks for that!

i dont suppse there is a way of getting rid without causing mass wasp murder?!

i guess not

i guess not

Since when did wasps get any humanitarian rights. eeeeevil little black and yellow gits... My way of getting rid of em is much more fun though..

Get some methlated spirits in a washing up liquid bottle and when it starts to go dark squirt the meths in the hole as hard as you can, then squirt a 3 to 4 foot trail away from the hole. Light the trail of meths whilst humming the tune to "mission impossible" then bask in the glory of all the eeeeeevil wasps crawling out of the hole on fire !!! If theres any meths left, perhaps a little snifter to celebrate ;):hihi::hihi: Jobs on fire :D

Hi, I seem to have a wasps nest in my garden, under the grass (they seem to have dug a nice hole for themselves!)

Any ideas how I get rid of it please?

sent you a PM !

Since when did wasps get any humanitarian rights. eeeeevil little black and yellow gits... My way of getting rid of em is much more fun though..

Get some methlated spirits in a washing up liquid bottle and when it starts to go dark squirt the meths in the hole as hard as you can, then squirt a 3 to 4 foot trail away from the hole. Light the trail of meths whilst humming the tune to "mission impossible" then bask in the glory of all the eeeeeevil wasps crawling out of the hole on fire !!! If theres any meths left, perhaps a little snifter to celebrate ;):hihi::hihi: Jobs on fire :D

I endorse this message...

That or shove a big stick in the hole and wiggle.

:thumbsup: Watch the little sods drop burning from the sky like a remake of a WW2 film.

A word of warning though. Petrol on a wasps nest is a BAD IDEA if its in a garage. I saw my old man do it. :shakes: It only ends one way. Having a fireman laugh at you it very humilitating.

I endorse this message...

That or shove a big stick in the hole and wiggle.

You omitted " Then run like hell" :hihi::hihi:

We had a bee's nest and we just left it, as there no bother and wont sting unless provoked. But wasps on the other hand are evil! phone this number... there called pestforce.

0114 2889637 or

Apparently there good, my friend has used them a few times.

i guess not

Who cares about mass wasps murder, I hate the bloody things get em all killed they are a pain in the butt

I had a wasps nest under the decking. Just left it. No bother. They eat loads of garden pests you know. Gardener's friends, wasps are. Had 'em land on me and never been stung once.

I know a lot of folk hate them but you leave them alone and they won't hurt you.