Expired fork lift licence

Hi, My company put me through a forklift course and now my RTITB counterbalance forklift licence has expired and im still using the fork lift at work, does the company have to put me through a refresher course or can i still use the forklift at work as im getting different answers from people , many thanks

thank you for the link but when i open it its showing on the screen 404 nothing found

thank you for the link but when i open it its showing on the screen 404 nothing found

It works for me and I just clicked onto it again just now. :huh:

Also works for me.

A qoute from the link "Q: Where do I get a driving license for a fork lift truck?

A: You don’t, because there is no such thing as a fork lift truck driver’s licence!

One of the most widespread myths about fork lift truck operations is that there is a ‘Fork Lift Truck Driver’s Licence’, which must be renewed through refresher training every three years."

The article highlights that there is a requirement for an employer to check that you don't need further training and of course you may need retraining but you also may not. There is nothing which states you must renew your training after a set period of time it is up to the employer to assess what training you need if any.

many thanks i had to update my browser and it works many thanks to everyone

Also works for me.

A qoute from the link "Q: Where do I get a driving license for a fork lift truck?

A: You don’t, because there is no such thing as a fork lift truck driver’s licence!

One of the most widespread myths about fork lift truck operations is that there is a ‘Fork Lift Truck Driver’s Licence’, which must be renewed through refresher training every three years."

The article highlights that there is a requirement for an employer to check that you don't need further training and of course you may need retraining but you also may not. There is nothing which states you must renew your training after a set period of time it is up to the employer to assess what training you need if any.

makes you wonder why employers ask you for them when applying for jobs then :suspect:

makes you wonder why employers ask you for them when applying for jobs then :suspect:

When I did my forklift I was told that it isn't a legal requirement but that insurers are the ones that require it...

When I did my forklift I was told that it isn't a legal requirement but that insurers are the ones that require it...

and employers are the ones asking for forklift licences and the jobs are even advertised asking for such :roll: btw dont get me wrong but i agree its just a money making con look at the cscs cards to get on a site and its not even law to have one :huh:

Same con as PAT testing.

You don't need it but people who sell it will imply you do.