The Saw films..

Have you seen any of the saw films?

Just wondered, cos i think there awesome! Only second time i watched it last night! Am i sick freak?

No not at all!!! I went to the pictures 4 times to see the first one!

I love the 2nd one even more. Fantastic films that really make you think about things when you've watched it. They're good because they're not only horror films but they have actual meaning to them!

No not at all!!! I went to the pictures 4 times to see the first one!

I love the 2nd one even more. Fantastic films that really make you think about things when you've watched it. They're good because they're not only horror films but they have actual meaning to them!

haha great! were both freaks!

Yeah thats the thing, at the end of the 1st one there was a massive twist to it all! And he was laid on the floor the whole time! Cool! :D

I think they're a bit dullto be honest.

Gruesome i can see yeah but I don't think they do anything other than try and point out warped nietzschian ideals to shock us.

Frankly I don't think they are scary, they're over the top in an "it could really happen" way which doesn't appeal to me.

There are far better pschyological slasher/thriller hybrids

Wilf

There are far better pschyological slasher/thriller hybrids

Wilf

Like what?

saw 2 sucked. Go and buy Eli Roth's Hostel it's out on DVD today thats a sick twisted and fantastic film.

saw 2 sucked. Go and buy Eli Roth's Hostel it's out on DVD today thats a sick twisted and fantastic film.

Maybe thats the problem, I don't find sick and twisted films that take themselves eriously to be that interesting. I found hostel to be a load of bobbins too.

I like Seven though, but maybe thats my personal preference for the work of David Fincher and noir cinematography.

Wilf

I think the saw films are ok. Not great, but I did enjoy them. They certainly owed a lot to seven i thought though.

Eli Roth's Hostel

Yeah, good film - and I'm a Horror snob. It's definitely a worthwhile watch - dunno about buying it tho.

Saw is amazing, when i saw that film in the cinema i hadn't seen anything like it before and i really enjoyed it. For starters i love films that are 'different' and/or that have a good twist. Have got it on DVD and still think its a really good idea and great film to say it was a low budget movie.

Saw 2, well that was a load of rubbish compared to the first one, i think they had too much money to make this one and it was a glossy version and lost the 'edge' of the first one i thought. I didn't find it as believeable either. The ending was not a patch on the first.

i saw both of them at the cinema (see what i did there) and they are both mint!