Any Regrets?? If you hadn't long to live?

I would mostly regret not having long left to live.

I didn't regret that bit- I was angry as hell about that bit!

Oddly, in the time since being so ill I've grown up enough to forgive myself for not having seen everything in the world, tried every experience and all of that, and now if the same thing was to happen again (I hope it doesn't!) then I'd be much more content that I've lived a full life, not because I've done hundreds of things since the first time of being ill, but because I've recognised that there's no way I could do everything and that even if I could that's not actually going to make me any happier or less angry about dying.

I live a small but happy life these days, concentrating on the 'happy' part. It's not important to experience everything to say that you've had a good life, nor is it important to have financial wealth. As long as you've lived a good life, loved and been loved lots and had lots of contentment then that's enough.

I suspect I'd have less regrets these days, but then again I've also had 13 years to think about an answer to the question!

I love Sir John Betjeman's response to this question, when he was nearing the end of his life and a journalist put it to him; "Any regrets?"

"Yes," he replied candidly. "I haven't had enough sex." :hihi:

I love Sir John Betjeman's response to this question, when he was nearing the end of his life and a journalist put it to him; "Any regrets?"

"Yes," he replied candidly. "I haven't had enough sex." :hihi:

My regret is the total opposite. Got me in to a lot of trouble!

Id probably regret being too scared to fly any distance further than 4 hours, which has stopped me visting some great places that i know ill never get to see.

Probably regret my career choice too.

Do it,I am about to go on a12.5 hr non stop first leg flight.

I don't love flying but it is what I have to do to get to where I want.

The end result has always been worth it.

As for career choice,never had one just wandered in and out of jobs and that turned out alright.Just lucky I suppose.

I don't regret any of the things that I have done, but I do regret some of the things I haven't done. I am now disabled and I am very unlikely now to be able to do all the things that I put off for the future, for "when I could afford it", or for "when I have the time" and "when the kids have left home" etc.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. All l can say that decisions l made were right at the time.

not so much a regret, I just wish I had done something a bit earlier than I did rather than umming and ahhing about it until my late thirties, because it solved a lot of problems and I've never been happier

as Aries22 said "hindsight is a wonderful thing"