Photograph argument

My partner and I have separated. She has given permission for pictures of our children to be used on a website. Is there any way I can have these pictures legally removed from the site?

As long as its a decent website and not something dodgy, what are your objections to the photo's being on the site? are you just objecting for the sake of it, because your not having a say in it, because your not a part of it? :|

Like I said - the photos were put up before the split - quite a while before. It is the site owner that is the reason I do not want the pics on there and nothing to do with anything personal between me and my ex. Had I been consulted then the pics would not have been up there in the first place.

I suppose I am being childish because the pictures are very good and my grief is with the site owner and not my partner. Like I said - if they were elsewhere then I would not have a problem. I just do not want my kids connected with this person in any way, and trust me - my ex is about as interested in him as she is in dating a doggy do so this is not to do with her in that way.

Your right. Your the parent and if for what ever reason you dont want your kids posted on a website then thats totaly up to you.

He is only one parent, out of two; and the other parent has equal right to make the decision, and apparently has done so.

He is only one parent, out of two; and the other parent has equal right to make the decision, and apparently has done so.

Thats a fair point. I wasnt having a go at the other parent or saying she did anything wrong.

Me neither MrMister. This is really not about her - though that may be difficult for people to understand without going into all the facts. I do not think it would bother or affect her in the slightest if these pics were removed from the site in question. If I thought it would bother her then I would just have found some other way to deal with the site owner.

You sound very reasonable and are trying to deal with this in a mature way if you ask me.

Im thinking that the people who are trying to kick up a fuss are just doing it to wind you up.

I hope you manage to sort it mate :)

Thats a fair point. I wasnt having a go at the other parent or saying she did anything wrong.

No, indeed; and I don't know what the legal position is if one parent okays the use of photos of their children, and the other does not. I suspect that once either parent has made the decision, then it stays made; if I'm right, then the OP is out of luck, but I may very well not be.