Parking attendant

Don't buy a property because they have yellow lines outside my house? what a silly responce.

It’s perfectly logical if you expect to use the road outside. Obviously you don’t see it that way, but that’s probably why you think you should be allowed to break the law as and when you chose without punishment.

If they have ways of me washing my car elsewhere I don’t mind, until then I will continue to wash my car outside my own house.

So someone has to provide you with an alternative. Why do some car owners expect everyone else to get out of their way or to be exempt from following the laws everyone else does? You give us all a bad name and if you continue to park outside your home on the double yellows you deserve everything you get.

What's up with carrying a bucket of hot soapy water a few yards down the road? Is there something wrong with your arms or something?

No but I suspect there is something wrong with another organ.

Edited by Berberis

Why will i? i wasn't fined at all. I stood my ground and continued to wash my car. If they want to take action fair enough, i'll be onto them asking how they're gonna sort out the problem of washing my car.

Funny how knife and gun crime is all over, but we're more bothered about someone parking on double yellows while washing their car.

I don't get how you can possibly think it's anyone else's responsibility but your own to sort out how you safely and legally wash your car. Maybe they could do your shopping for you too? Or hold your hand when you cross the road?

Some people just like everything to be someone else's fault/problem though.

Why will i? i wasn't fined at all. I stood my ground and continued to wash my car. If they want to take action fair enough, i'll be onto them asking how they're gonna sort out the problem of washing my car.

Funny how knife and gun crime is all over, but we're more bothered about someone parking on double yellows while washing their car.

Since when have parking attendants had anything to do with catching folk with guns and knives.:confused:

Don't buy a property because they have yellow lines outside my house? what a silly responce.

What about if i like the area or have family around me? should i not shop in hillsborough because i dont like the busgates?

If they have ways of me washing my car elsewhere i dont mind, untill then i will continue to wash my car outside my own house.

Were the yellow lines outside your house when you moved into the property ? Did it never enter your head that this would have an impact when loading/ unloading your car ?

What's up with carrying a bucket of hot soapy water a few yards down the road? Is there something wrong with your arms or something?

He could buy one of those shopping trolley things to wheel it down the road - sorted !

May not do, but where else do i wash my car? we can barely park on our road as it is. If i was to wash my car further down the road, i'd have to use a neighbours power supply, water ect.

Do what I do any don't wash it, not washed it for over a year, it looks ok, seems to self-clean when it rains, I just get mine valeted maybe once a year and a good polish/wax.

I'd buy a jetwash and remove the double yellows! Everyone should be allowed to park outside of their own house for many reasons -kids , invalidity, unloading or loading, washing or general servicing. I live in Crookes and the roads are very narrow and parking is at a premium but everyone is so polite when it comes to parking. Are the counsel reducing the price of your house due to a couple of hastily painted yellow lines by some neer do well who probably has so many backhanders he can afford his own driveway?

Can't you get two road-coloured adhesive strips to stick over the yellow ones when you are washing your car. Or ring the council up to see if they'll make exemptions to car washing.:hihi:

I wouldnt expect my neighbours to wash their car right outside my house and where do i get the power supply from when hoovering the car?

Like i said earlyer, i use the double yellows when washing my car, not for everyday parking.

I wouldnt expect my neighbours to wash their car right outside my house

What??

Why not?

I don't live on a road with double yellows outside, but that means I can't always park outside my house. Should I never wash my car because it's outside someone else's? Get a bucket as mentioned previously. Go to a garage if it's that essential that you need to hoover it or buy one of the rechargable Dyson handhelds.

There is your answer...job sorted.

. If they want to take action fair enough, i'll be onto them asking how they're gonna sort out the problem of washing my car.

You'll be onto them?

What response do you think you'll get?

You'll be laughed at.

Edited by swordfish1