Getting rid of Wasp nests?

Wasps will sting you without provocation. One landed on my daughter when she was 2 and she never moved or anything and it just stung her.

I would use the powder. I had them nesting in the grill on my house wall once and the powder got rid no problem.

Wasps always sting for a reason, even if it's not immediately apparent to us. No animal will waste its energy and especially its precious defensive venom without good reason. One of the things with wasps (in common with many animals) is they are sensitive to the chemical signature we give off when we are agitated, frightened or panicking. This in turn makes them very defensive and puts them on a 'hair trigger' so they will sting more readily than is normally the case.

I find wasps fascinating and as I say, they are beneficial in many ways. Those benefits outweigh the occasional sting (I've had one in 47 years), and the stings are nowhere near as bad as people make out anyway, unless you're allergic.

The wasps have just as much right to be there as any one of us. You should leave them be.

I have the same affection for wasps as a male lion has for a hyena ! hate and detest the little f--kers. kill em all

I think you'll find we need wasps. They play an essential part in the ecosystem. Without them we'd be over-run by agricultural pests and people with allergies.

Edited by Yog Sothoth

Since when did wasps get any humanitarian rights. eeeeevil little black and yellow gits... My way of getting rid of em is much more fun though..

Get some methlated spirits in a washing up liquid bottle and when it starts to go dark squirt the meths in the hole as hard as you can, then squirt a 3 to 4 foot trail away from the hole. Light the trail of meths whilst humming the tune to "mission impossible" then bask in the glory of all the eeeeeevil wasps crawling out of the hole on fire !!! If theres any meths left, perhaps a little snifter to celebrate ;):hihi::hihi: Jobs on fire :D

That's a pretty evil thing to do to another living thing. Bit of a bully at school were you? 'Hard' lad, picking on weaker kids for fun? Maybe you'll graduate onto applying this method to the cats who crap in your garden, and maybe we'll read about you one day in the papers, after the part-burned remains of several people are discovered in your garden. Serial killers have to start somewhere. That's a bad seed you have growing in your sick head. :loopy:

That's a pretty evil thing to do to another living thing. Bit of a bully at school were you? 'Hard' lad, picking on weaker kids for fun? Maybe you'll graduate onto applying this method to the cats who crap in your garden, and maybe we'll read about you one day in the papers, after the part-burned remains of several people are discovered in your garden. Serial killers have to start somewhere. That's a bad seed you have growing in your sick head. :loopy:

You sound like the one who needs help :hihi::hihi:

Hi there if you phone Sheffield University up someone will come out and see to wasp nest for you they take it away.

HOPE THIS HELPS

you all say before dusk how come they are tapping on my window every night from around 12am. they are doing my head in means i have to have me windows closed.

i dont know where they are nesting well it will be the bat holes on someone elses property near by thats for sure.

i just hate the pesty things and they do just land on you and sting

grab it by the top part and rip it off whatever they have attached to and place the whole nest in a bin liner.

always does the trick.

dont forget to get the nieghbours out to watch as you will be talking about it for years :D

I think you'll find we need wasps. They play an essential part in the ecosystem. Without them we'd be over-run by agricultural pests and people with allergies.

That really made me laugh - thanks!

10/10 for once a thread with no abuse or name calling,highly amusing