British Legion accepts BNP gift

A reference to a book from one school out of the four in the Sunni branch of Islam goes no where towards establishing your claim.

I didn't insult you. You insulted me. :rolleyes:

I’ve shown you my source, now show me a comparable one to backup your counterclaim other then wiki which is not a reputable source.

Well you only display your ignorance with a post like that then.

I have already given the Constitutional basis on which Nick Griffin has dictatorial control over the party.

Oppressive- No? In what way aren't they oppressive?

Suppression of opposition? Have you so little idea of their internal democracy that you are unaware of the way leadership challengers have been attacked and then purged from the party?

They are classic fascists.

Seeing what you want to see again.

Did I say dictatorial control ‘over the party’? No I only said dictatorial control which is in reference to me wider understanding and to be ‘of the population’ not just the party.

Let’s look at your opposition to the BNP having a say on BBC TV. The BNP are a democratically elected party, but you would see them banned from appearing on the BBC. Is that not a "Suppression of opposition" one of the traits of a fascist too? If the BNP do not need to fulfil all traits to be fascist, then in turn you are also a fascist.

Edited by Berberis

I’ve shown you my source, now show me a comparable one to backup your counterclaim other then wiki which is not a reputable source.

Your source gives no indication of the context of what it means, except that it does not apply to Islam as a whole but only a section of Sunni belief.

My 'disreputable' source is based on the Koran:

This category of people is defined in surah at-Taubah (9) verse 60: "The alms are only for the poor and the needy, and those who collect them, and those whose hearts are to be reconciled, and to free the captives and the debtors, and for the cause of Allah, and (for) the wayfarers; a duty imposed by Allah. Allah is knower, Wise." (The Holy Qur'an 9:60)

Another reference:

http://www.islamicity.com/mosque/Zakat/#Learn

Before making claims about a religion as a whole you should do a little more research than just jumping at a quote without context to back yourself up, especially when the claims are so obviously contentious and wrong.

Seeing what you want to see again.

Did I say dictatorial control ‘over the party’? No I only said dictatorial control which is in reference to me wider understanding and to be ‘of the population’ not just the party.

What makes you believe that the party would be democratic? Their claims for direct democracy? How can you give that any credence when they don't even practice it within their own party?

Another feature of Fascist states you haven't mentioned is their propensity for lieing. Another reason the BNP are Fascist.

I am not seeing what I want to see, far from it. When I look at the BNP I see the opposite of what I want to see.

Let’s look at your opposition to the BNP having a say on BBC TV. The BNP are a democratically elected party, but you would see them banned from appearing on the BBC. Is that not a "Suppression of opposition" one of the traits of a fascist too? If the BNP do not need to fulfil all traits to be fascist, then in turn you are also a fascist.

I have never said the BNP should be banned.

I have said they are an evil fascist party that I would not involve myself in any activity that could be seen to promote them and that I encourage politicians, electricians, media people and everyone else to do the same. I am not talking about bans I am simply talking about taking a moral decision and encouraging others to do the same.

It is not a feature of a democracy that we are restricted from making ethical choices and encouraging others to do likewise.

I would restrict bans to incitement including deliberately spreading lies about people like holocaust deniers do. Such bans are a consequence of people's rights to be protected from and to go about their lives in peace, the reason for the social contract that is the justification for the state.

Edited by Wildcat

Well Hello...... The OP asks whether or not it was correct for the British Legion to accept a donation from the BNP.... fairly straight forward post....but then...a whole tirade of posts ...counter posts and a swapping of insults,turning the issue into a sort of political melodrama. What on earth is wrong with you people?

To the the best of my knowledge the British Legion support elderly,sick and wounded soldiers who have seen service in the British armed forces.

It costs them millions to do their valuable work and therefor does it matter at all where their funds come from.Their funds are spent on all needy service men and their families irrespective of colour and it saddens me to read some of your political or colour biased posts.

Sorry but you are making issue here out of nothing.

well said the money goes to all who have served their country (i would like to see the government donate more)

The issue is that the BNP are claiming to have donated money when they haven't.

What is outrageous is that the BNP are trying to make political capital out of a donation having been accepted from one of their members.

It really does show some desperation on behalf of the BNP to make an issue out of this, but understandable when you look at their history and some of their quotes on the issue of the second world war like:

On Nazi leader Adolf Hitler: 'Yes, Adolf went a bit too far. His legacy is the biggest problem that the British nationalist movement has to deal with. It just creates a bad image."

On Mein Kampf, Adolf Hitler's autobiography: "At 13, I read Mein Kampf, making notes in the margins… I remember thinking, are the Jews really that bad? The chapter I most enjoyed was the one on propaganda and organisation there are some really useful ideas there."

On the Holocaust:

“I am well aware that the orthodox opinion is that 6 million Jews were gassed and cremated or turned into lamp shades. Orthodox opinion also once held that the earth is flat … I have reached the conclusion that the ‘extermination’ tale is a mixture of Allied wartime propaganda, extremely profitable lie and latter witch-hysteria.”

"The "extermination" tale is a mixture of Allied wartime propaganda, extremely profitable lie and latter witch hysteria."

On Sir Oswald Mosley, leader of the British Union of Fascists: "'There is a strong, direct link from Oswald Mosley to me."

http://www.hopenothate.org.uk/the-real-bnp/the-BNP-in-their-own-words.php

Thank you for that Wildcat.....and what does all your post have to do with the British Legion.... seems to me like a "let me just show you lot in here how knowledgable and well read I am" speech.

Mein Kampf at 13 ....really! ...and posting notes in the margins...my!..

May I ask are the comments re the Holocaust your personal views ....could not have been Hitler's as he would have been dead by then.....

Thank you for that Wildcat.....and what does all your post have to do with the British Legion.... seems to me like a "let me just show you lot in here how knowledgable and well read I am" speech.

Mein Kampf at 13 ....really! ...and posting notes in the margins...my!..

May I ask are the comments re the Holocaust your personal views ....could not have been Hitler's as he would have been dead by then.....

I should have made it clearer. The Quotes are Nick Griffin's not my own.

The relationship with the British Legion is that they have traditionally refused money from the BNP because they see them correctly as representing the political ideology that were locked up as traiterous fifth columnists during the second world war undermining the service men that they are set up to support.

Did you hear the story about the old soldier ....84 years of age.. arriving in Calais...."Passport " said the official...the old soldier was looking through his pockets...."Come on! come on! said the official you need your passport to get into France"

I didnt need it last time I was here said the veteran..............

"You must hand over your passport...how do you mean you didnt need it the last time you were here...when was this"

The old soldier replied.....1944 ...June 6th....and there wern't any French people here to hand it to.......

He was over in France ...courtesy of the British Legion