Sawdust in smoothie powder

Its probably oatmeal in the smoothie mix

Most powdered food stuff will burn, especially things like whey/rice/pea proteins. It doesn't have to be powdered.

It would cost you quite a bit to pay for it to be tested personally, but there are labs around which do contract testing of food to check for fraud. Mass spec and DNA analyses are the most common.

Most powdered food stuff will burn, especially things like whey/rice/pea proteins. It doesn't have to be powdered.

It would cost you quite a bit to pay for it to be tested personally, but there are labs around which do contract testing of food to check for fraud. Mass spec and DNA analyses are the most common.

Don't bother. It's tocos.

Fortunately EU regulations demand all products to list all ingredients. It is not likely it contains sawdust unless it explicitly states it does.

Wait till we Brexit

might be creatine powder that's what body builders put in shakes, or whey powder.

If it was sawdust (it's not, of that I'm convinced) wouldn't it float on water?

Have you tried?

:help:Im trying to get healthy and have started making smoothies.

I recently bought a powder from a healthfood shop to put in the smoothie and it appears to have a high percentage of sawdust in it:huh:.

Does anyone know where I could get this powder analysed? I have set fire to a small amount of it and it smoulders & smells like wood. Surely this is illegal or something.

I think you are barking up the wrong tree.

---------- Post added 16-03-2017 at 18:18 ----------

It will be like celery, minus or very low calories ;)

Its quite a poplar flavour.