Amazing coincidences - Have you experienced any?

A couple of weeks ago, I was driving back from a car body paint shop after taking a new Citroen C3 rear bumper to be colour matched to replace one that got damaged on my girlfriend's car.

Whilst driving back, I was thinking I too needed new bumpers for my Citroen 2CV and decided to look up the price of some when I got home.

On arriving home, I walked in and immediately called the girlfriend to let her know her Citroen bumper was at the paint shop, whilst idly googling 2CV bumpers for myself. I'd only just started chatting to her when there was a knock at the back door.

Told girlfriend I'd call her back, and opened the door … my jaw dropped!

Two total strangers were stood there, one bearing what transpired to be a gift … a brand new Citroen 2CV bumper, still in it's thirty year old factory wrapping! (not a repro one)

Turns out they were clearing out their parent's house a few doors away, and had found the bumper in a cupboard. Seeing as I had a 2CV parked outside my house, they wondered if I'd like it.

These are not common cars by any means, so the odds of this (nice) little incident left me absolutely gobsmacked. Neither do I deal in Citroen bumpers … I generally go for weeks on end with little or no thought for them whatsoever.

Guzen or Hitsuzen?

I have a fairly unusual surname. Years ago when my son was about 6 or 7 we went to buy him a second hand bike we saw for sale in The Star classifieds, having looked it over and deciding to have it, I asked who to make the cheque out to. The seller had the same surname as me. Later I looked the name up in the phone book and there were only three in Sheffield.

I have a very unusual surname as well, bought a phone and the (English) guy at the desk pronounced it perfectly, a first. I must have looked puzzled so he explained his mate had the same name...

I have a very unusual surname as well, bought a phone and the (English) guy at the desk pronounced it perfectly, a first. I must have looked puzzled so he explained his mate had the same name...
Same here...but not so much in Corsica, whence I explained it to my Mrs some years ago whilst visiting a swimwear shop in Calvi, after both she and the shop owner turned around to answer a visitor who'd just walking in and asked for "Mrs [L00b]?"

And yes, we did get a discount on account of the coincidence. Bloody good job too, that swimwear was eye-wateringly expensive! Mrs L knows how to pick'em :hihi:

In the late 80's, due to work commitments, my wife and I lived in the west midlands for about a year. One night my wife woke me up in a bit of a state and asked me to swap places in bed as something had tried cuddling up to her. I put it down to a bad dream.

The following day, I had occasion to phone her mom and dad back in Sheffield. My brother in law answered the phone and told me that they weren't in. He said that they had gone to see a vicar, something had scared them during the night and they thought the house was haunted......

When my oh's cousin came to visit from NZ we got to talking about strange names. She mentioned that a girlfriend of hers in NZ used to go out with someone called Kimble (first name) who turned out to be my brother in law's brother.

BTW The brother in law is my sister's husband not my oh's brother, which would make it less of a coincidence.

me and the otherhalf were laid on the beach in corfu,we got talking to a couple from bristol,his first name was the same has mine ,his wifes was the same has my otherhalfs and the mrs both did the same job.

I was driving to work the other morning and saw a chap who lived in the next road walking his dog, I thought I haven't seen him in six months or more, I then started thinking that I don't hear anything about his wife, who's been poorly for the last three years with the big c, another tall story from my neighbour ,who so happens to be her son in law I thought, when I came home for lunch he beckoned me over to say that his mother in law had passed away the day before!

Ok I have two.

On a bus with my visiting sister going in to the Perth CBD shortly after arriving in Australia.

I'm sitting around the middle of the bus and I hear a very familiar Scottish accent coming from the back.

I thought it belonged to my 16 year old schoolmate John Gavin - and when I looked around sure enough! I pretended I did not see him though!

Second one is a bit freaky....

Down the river sailing on the weekend there wasn't any wind. I got talking to a English female windsurfer for an hour or two.

Next day I had to pick up something from a house I had not been to before.

I had the address of the unit complex but when I seen his green three cylinder car parked in one of the units I ignored the number and knocked on the door.

Was a bit surprised as I heard two women talking inside but I knew it was his car.

The woman I had been talking to 12 hours earlier opened the door and like me nearly fainted.

Turns out she owns the identical car and colour and she pointed me to a unit 20 yards away

where the old bloke I was picking up from stays.

Highly embarrassing that was!

Edited by MAC33