My dog was on a big chain on garden someone let her off

My staffy cross whippet been let off garden, so I come home last night to no dog, so as a owner I phoned the police reported it as stolen etc, then police called me back and said pcso found dog roaming, they taken to kennels, so I called all kennels see if my dog was there they said no dog been handed in, so I called police back again to see which kennels she was at they said officers on today till 4 pm, so I said can u ask em to call me? so half an hour goes by no fone call.

So I rings out of hours council etc gave me some numbers, I phoned them still no dog, then at half past 3 I get a call saying my dog here at kennels were concerned bwt her weight, I said excuse me love my dog gets 2 baking mixing bowls full of food but because she in season if u ant seen shes only having 1 bowl, I said she crossed whippet shes not guna be fat shes a rabbiting dog she burns it off etc.

We got to wait for dog warden etc to do checks and all been well ur dog will be bk tomorow, iv had her since 5 week old, not like iv had her to breed it takes biscuit making me look bad because my staffy is a bit underweight die to breed, im heartbroken I told them ill pay 200 pound to get her bk can some 1 plz help me

Edited by Moonbird
Splitting up text and adding punctuation

Kept on a chain in the garden.......good home??????

No kept on chain because next door gt a chuawa thing next door the dog comes in wen I come in at 12 at night shes outside at 7 I take her walks along canal in morning for rabbits shes in house at niggt snuggled up in bed actually

So she's on a chain in the garden from 7am-midnight?

What is it you need help with? As far as i can see if you pay the dogpound back you get your dog back.

Basically they saying shes underweight staffys should nt be her weight I told them shes crossed whippet dont no wat to do my daughter heart broke

---------- Post added 12-10-2014 at 18:08 ----------

No 7 pm till midnight and my partner brings her in before them when she finishes between 10 and halfpast

Your saying she is well fed but what is it you feed her? How old is she? Do you have pictures of her? Are they saying you can not have the dog back? Will they want to prossicute?

Being on a chain in the garden isn't my idea of a good way to treat a dog, but if you look after her otherwise like you say you do then I hope you get her home safely.

Thankyou but iv had her since 5 week old gt pics etc but now they said they gt to get her checked out she looks underweight with dog warden etc I only put her on chain because of chuwawa next door turns out its them wats let her off so all I can see now if I get her back dont keep her on chain and she got attacked by another staffy last year so shes weary of other dogs I was only protecting there dog next door but they go and let her off I went round told them they should pay release fee and if I get dog back there chuwawa must eith be in house or on garden not loose u see were im coming from with chain I shunt afto tho

---------- Post added 12-10-2014 at 18:19 ----------

Thanks jan ermm basically they saying shes not looking like a staffy I told them shes a cross whippet and yes some were on my phone ill upload later on and they gt to wait till shes been checked over before they update me I phoned all kennels police costing me money shes worth it but if I dint look after her I wunt look for her I wunt fone police I wunt fone kennels etc all I want is my family pet bk jan

Kept on a chain in the garden.......good home??????

I have to agree you left it chained in the garden it

I could understand it? why do you feel the need to say that?

Hi Rotherlad, so, to cut a long, unpunctuated story short, what have you got to do to get your dog back?

It sounds as though you care for your dog but I wondered if you could keep it crated indoors during the day? Then it won't bother the dog next door and can't run off? It will be warm and cosy too.

I hope you get it back soon anyway.

Duckegg